Thread: Stand Alone ECU

Potential Tuner

Stand Alone ECU

I tried searching around so please forgive me if I missed a relevant post.

Is there a way to connect my beloved TrackAddict app to my Megasquirt ECU to receive basic inputs like throttle, brake, VSS, coolant temp etc.? I have an RS232 Bluetooth adapter that transmits all of this info to the EFI Shadowdash app.

Thanks!

Tuner
    Hey... another Megasquirt guy! And if you're like me, an unhappy ShadowDash customer.

As far as I know, TrackAddict is only designed to talk to HPTuners hardware, not a generic bluetooth adapter. Also it is designed to process only standard OBDII parameters, and pretty much nothing about Megasquirt is OBDII compliant, especially its serial I/O. So I think it's very unlikely to work.

Potential Tuner
    Looking through the FAQ on the Track Addict app, it lists CAN as a possible input. I know that the MS3 will output CAN I'm just not sure if that is what Shadow Dash uses over BT. If it is, seems like you could just point TA to the correct port, but I'm not sure where to start looking for that info . . .

Tuner
    Megasquirt doesn't have native Bluetooth support. It has an RS-232 port to which you can connect a Bluetooth adapter, then ShadowDash (and TunerStudio) use that to communicate. Basically those programs think they're communicating over a serial port.

But MS does have CAN broadcasting... TrackAddict would just need to understand its format.