Thread: Nissan/infiniti timing maps not work

Tuner in Training

Nissan/infiniti timing maps not work

Hi to everyone, i try to tune a 2 g37 on the dyno and the timing maps don?t do any changes at all. Always give me the same log of timing and the car can?t increase HP. Hptuners write me that the main map is trimming adjusting map, but i move every single map and vvel maps, vvt and get nothing, fuel is perfect the car made 311hp on the dyno, we use a other program, the one every people use before and the car made 340hp. I think is one table missing or the computer have some protection tables that I can?t see. Is not talking bad about the program because the car run good but is a constructive criticism. Plus a 2step or race rom can be perfect to be more competitive software

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by danny1058 View Post
    Hi to everyone, i try to tune a 2 g37 on the dyno and the timing maps don?t do any changes at all. Always give me the same log of timing and the car can?t increase HP. Hptuners write me that the main map is trimming adjusting map, but i move every single map and vvel maps, vvt and get nothing, fuel is perfect the car made 311hp on the dyno, we use a other program, the one every people use before and the car made 340hp. I think is one table missing or the computer have some protection tables that I can?t see. Is not talking bad about the program because the car run good but is a constructive criticism. Plus a 2step or race rom can be perfect to be more competitive software
    We are having the same issues with timing control on a 2014 Q60, no matter what tables we change nothing happens, even zeroed out the table and set some to 10 degrees on the whole table and the results are the same. I think that some tables are missing also

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BMS View Post
    We are having the same issues with timing control on a 2014 Q60, no matter what tables we change nothing happens, even zeroed out the table and set some to 10 degrees on the whole table and the results are the same. I think that some tables are missing also
    Keep in mind the Nissan timing control on a VVEL engine is a bit weird. You can basically zero out the whole spark table and within a few minutes it will have the timing advamced back. They use the knock sensors for spark advance learning.

On my 2011 M56S I simply smoothed out the timing map and let the PCM relearn. Pull a few degrees out of the main spark map and smooth the table at high load.

Most of my power gains on the M56 were from correcting the over rich air/fuel ratio, remapping the throttle, and tweaking the VVEL tables to bring the cams in more aggressively for the air intakes & 2.5" dual exhaust upgrade I did.

Tuner in Training
    having the same issue no gains from adjustment of timing maps. ECU does not seem to respond to changes made to the maps defined for timing control. I suspect that the timing control algorithm of the ecu does not allow for adjustment of the final timing plane angle output. Or the disassembler at hp tuners has incorrectly defined the tables pertaining to timing control.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by geogak View Post
    having the same issue no gains from adjustment of timing maps. ECU does not seem to respond to changes made to the maps defined for timing control. I suspect that the timing control algorithm of the ecu does not allow for adjustment of the final timing plane angle output. Or the disassembler at hp tuners has incorrectly defined the tables pertaining to timing control.
    Read my prior post. It has to do with the knock control and learning on these engines. The ECU already adds timing as necessary and runs at the highest possible timing advance via knock learning. You can set the tables to ZERO and after 2-3 WOT pulls your timing and power will be back to normal.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by BMS View Post
    I am having the same issue on a 14 Q60. Customer wants a "pop" tune and ive adjusted every table trying to get the timing to move and nothing seems to work.
    2018 Infiniti Q60s

2004 350z/LS2: ERL 434ci, 11.8:1,TFS245cc,262/266@113+3,Fast102,NX 102 plate,60#injectors/return w/twin 255s
    Old setup: CNC'd317s, Fast 102, 228/228@114, PT88,83#injectors/full return system. 10.84@138

Senior Tuner
    If HPTuners cant control timing any different, how did his "other tune" make 30 more hp?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere