Thread: PID's Missing From 1 Log and Not The Next???

Tuner in Training

Question PID's Missing From 1 Log and Not The Next???

So I am new to Gen5. I've done a lot of gen3, and my last car a CTS-V '09. Not too many issues. Obviously Gen5 is going to be a steep learning curve.

I can't explain this though. This '18 ZL1 a10 is not tuned. It just has a rotofab CAI. I did some logging today just to start learning. The 1st log attached were actual pulls where I actually needed the data.

The 2nd file titled dan-stock1.hpl was just some screwing around. Why did all of the PID's log on this run and not the next? Absolutely nothing different was done other than turning the car off and back on.

I'm just trying to learn how to manage the tq management effectively for the most part. Any tips on that would be appreciated as well if you can make something of the logs. dan-stock1.hpl stock1.hpl Bone Stock ZL1.hpt
    ZL1-LO1.Layout.xml

If the logs were taken at different times it is generally a good idea to re-poll for supported parameters everytime you hook up to the vehicle again. This way it polls all channels while connected to the OBD2 port.

This may or may not be why this happen.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    If the logs were taken at different times it is generally a good idea to re-poll for supported parameters everytime you hook up to the vehicle again. This way it polls all channels while connected to the OBD2 port.

This may or may not be why this happen.
    +1 on the username.

Seems like this would have to be a bug. The laptop was rebooted in between. I believe the scanner checks PID’s the first time it’s connected every time if that makes sense.

Advanced Tuner
    I find that this happens alot on slower laptops when too many pids are being polled.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    I find that this happens alot on slower laptops when too many pids are being polled.
    I can understand the logic, but it?s an i5, 16gb ram, with an ssd. Never had the problem with previous versions.

Advanced Tuner
    Yeah I'll agree with you there I don't think your PC specs are the problem

Yes I have the same issue. I just keep disconnecting and connecting until I have everything I need. Try to reduce the PID's that you feel comfortable not logging, it helps.

Tuner in Training
    That?s not going to work. You have to log about 15 extra with gen5 vs gen3-4. I?m using mpvi1 btw.