Thread: Phantom E92 REP messages at cranking until some random variable is set back to stock

Phantom E92 REP messages at cranking until some random variable is set back to stock

So I've lost a few days with this... E92 controllers

The first one was a 2014 C7, manual trans car. Another shop had installed ECS blower and tuned it. We did methanol, pullied down, long tubes; etc, The ECM is running 12665218. I get it on the dyno, I'm putzing along and BAM; 1-4 skip shift. What the heck? Min enable temp was already set to 493... and here's where I flubbed... I made a very large number of changes based on a few runs that followed that incident. Being somewhat internally-smart-assy, I went scorched earth on ALL of the skip shift criteria. I finished tuning the car but had this Reduced Engine Power message (that wasn't real!) with no code present at each cranking. Eventually I worked back through flashing it until I got the skip shift stuff back to stock and the message vanished. What?

The next one is a 2015 Silverado 1500 with OS 12664769. The truck was twin turbo, flex sensor, etc., and in the course of fine tuning fuel on the dyno, and of course at the same time as other changes (who learns??) I disable knock enrichment in the PE tab, and blam.... added another afternoon of flash-and-see to get the REP message to go away at startup.

I'm bringing it up, because a kid that I help tune out west banged his head for two days over this with a C7 before asking. Have you guys seen it anywhere else? Thanks for reading.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    From a previous experience, If you maxed the speed limiter it would show that phantom REP but maybe your case is different .

Quote Originally Posted by Eng.LSX View Post
    From a previous experience, If you maxed the speed limiter it would show that phantom REP but maybe your case is different .
    YES! I forgot about that one as well... Thanks for adding.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Advanced Tuner
    p16f3 by chance?

No, it never reports an error at all... you just get the dash message right after you crank. Probably definition errors.
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Quote Originally Posted by sevinn View Post
    p16f3 by chance?
    I had this in C7Z06 once
    What is the cause for it ?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by wesam View Post
    I had this in C7Z06 once
    What is the cause for it ?
    Honestly I've seen it once and don't have an answer for it. I think it was related to low battery voltage but I can't honestly say.