Thread: Bolt On Zl1 A10 Tune Done Right??

Tuner in Training

Bolt On Zl1 A10 Tune Done Right??

So I?m not looking for someone to provide me a free tune. What I could use is a tune from a very lightly modded zl1 a10 car that was done by the book. I want to work backwards to learn more of gen5 tuning.

I suppose any lt4 a10 car would work. A completely stock car that was tuned would work as well. Just looking for a simple setup to understand better.

Any takers?

What ya want to know?

Email Tunes, [email protected]
    96 TA Blown/Stroked, 4L80E/Fab 9
    15 C7 A8 H/C 2.3 Blower/PI
    14 Gen 5 Viper
    Custom Mid Engine chassis, AKA GalBen C

Tuner in Training
    If this car were gen3/gen4 I?d have tuned it already. I want to see the correct way to do this on a gen5.

Most of the threads I find on here have no consensus. If there are any well written guides I cannot find them.

So I want to just compare the 2 and learn.

Tuner in Training
    Maybe should have asked where the active community of people helping each other is?

The resources here certainly aren?t what they used to be. I?m not in this for a business or profit. Looking to share and receive. Where?s all of that run off to?

Solving tuning issues is not as cut and dry as it used to be.

Easy to tell someone to copy paste half error into the MAF table on a 2001 when it's 2009.

Not as easy to tell you what to do with your torque model on your 2018 when it's 2019, especially without you posting your tune with things you have already done with specific questions or symptoms pertaining to your situation.

If you don't have specifics and you do want a tune file to a modded car then really what you want is a free tune, whether you learn from it or not.

Tuner in Training
    I stated that I possess all the knowledge to tune gen3/gen4. That?s a lot more than just logging afr error and pasting. I stated I want to learn what is unique to gen5. Thought that was pretty clear.

My car is completely stock with a cai. The tune is untouched still.

Not sure how a tune from a car not just like mine is a free tune, but guess what? I?ve supplied the tunes I?ve done in the past to many people when they asked for help. Knowledge isn?t a private asset.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    Solving tuning issues is not as cut and dry as it used to be.

Easy to tell someone to copy paste half error into the MAF table on a 2001 when it's 2009.

Not as easy to tell you what to do with your torque model on your 2018 when it's 2019, especially without you posting your tune with things you have already done with specific questions or symptoms pertaining to your situation.

If you don't have specifics and you do want a tune file to a modded car then really what you want is a free tune, whether you learn from it or not.

I think a major aspect is just learning and understanding what channels to log for torque, what they represent, and what tables to change. Looking at predicted torque, engine torque, and max torque and making sure those are all where they need to be with respect to one another. If they are not, your throttle may close or it may pull timing. There are probably other important items but I'm really new.
    Last edited by LittleBlue; 11-14-2019 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by user_name View Post
    I stated that I possess all the knowledge to tune gen3/gen4. That?s a lot more than just logging afr error and pasting. I stated I want to learn what is unique to gen5. Thought that was pretty clear.

My car is completely stock with a cai. The tune is untouched still.

Not sure how a tune from a car not just like mine is a free tune, but guess what? I?ve supplied the tunes I?ve done in the past to many people when they asked for help. Knowledge isn?t a private asset.
    If you knowledgeable on calibrating E38/E67 coefficient based controllers then start studying on torque based controlled systems to bring you up to speed. The new stuff is an evolution from the prior SERIES 8 logic and you need to be proficient in that. Since you state you know it well it should make understanding this new stuff easier.
    Full Service GM Late Model Performance Facility

www.redline-motorsports.net
    Follow US on FACEBOOK!
    Follow us on Instagram! redline_motorsports

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by Redline MS View Post
    If you knowledgeable on calibrating E38/E67 coefficient based controllers then start studying on torque based controlled systems to bring you up to speed. The new stuff is an evolution from the prior SERIES 8 logic and you need to be proficient in that. Since you state you know it well it should make understanding this new stuff easier.
    Yes, agreed. I just wish there was a good, well-written source for just that. It seems like I'll be figuring this out mostly by myself since everybody wants you to buy a book now for help. The guys who have done this for 10-20 yrs know what I'm talking about.

I will be willing to share anything I learn. Car is basically stock. Should be easy to measure.

Advanced Tuner
    I can teach u tune per hour

Tuner in Training
    For those reading this that are in the same boat check out this guy's YT channel. Has a few good ones about gen5.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_...JqJOiGoCRT5SCw

Quote Originally Posted by user_name View Post
    For those reading this that are in the same boat check out this guy's YT channel. Has a few good ones about gen5.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCP_...JqJOiGoCRT5SCw
    Excellent recommendation. The patreon options are also very helpful. Right now I am on the $15 a month where you can send files kn but I previously did $75 for a couple months to tune my project and couldn't be happier