Thread: 2015 F150 5.0 6R80 6th gear shift

Potential Tuner

2015 F150 5.0 6R80 6th gear shift

I?m running a 2.9 Whipple and after getting my last tune modification I am experiencing a miss shift going into 6th gear. Drive the truck normal and let if shift into all 6 gears (reaches 6th at 42mph) let off the accelerator to 40mph and step back on the throttle lightly and the trans goes to a neutral. Let off throttle and it catches back into 5th gear. Aggressively press the throttle and it will go into 6th and drive all day long there. When I drive from a stand still to 75-80 and use 3/4 throttle I have zero shift problems. When I put the truck in sport mode I get the same results as above but at 62 mph.

My tuning guy just got back from Sema so he is a little busy....does anyone know off the bat what could fix this?

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by St0nieismyd0g View Post
    does anyone know off the bat what could fix this?
    Yep, the tune before this one, lol. Without seeing a log and tune who knows?
    Knock Retard is the reduction or prevention of knock by lowering ignition timing:

(+) Adding Knock Retard = Reducing Timing. PCM is seeing knock.
    (--) Lowering Knock Retard = Increasing Timing. PCM isn't seeing knock.
    __________________________________________________ ________

2014 Mustang GT Premium. VMP Gen2R Supercharged with an FTI 3000rpm Converter. JLT, BMR, Steeda, Viking, etc.
    Don't fix it if it ain't broken | Maximum effort gets maximum results