Thread: Camaro ss tsp vvt2 cam, slow throttle opening

Advanced Tuner

Camaro ss tsp vvt2 cam, slow throttle opening

So, i started working on the car today, its a 2016 SS auto, it has a jlt intake, air force intake manifold, stock throttle, long tube headers, catless xpipe, and a circle D 3200 rpm converter. I spent the day doing vve part throttle stuff until it was near perfect, then decided to give it a little wot and see what it would do, tps was not going over 50% and fueling was vey rich, i was expecting to need to add fuel up top.

well i went to the dyno and started jacking up VTT in 10% steps, at the beginning it seemed to help as i would get a couple off spots where it would actually go to 100% tps, after that didnt work i tried with the DD tables and it seemed to have no effect so i went back to stock torque tables and DD and finally got the throttle to open to 100% for most of the pass, from 2500rpm to 3500rpm it will ramp from 78% to 99%, how do i fix this?

This is the tune i ended up with, havent touched the timing tables except for vcp spark which i zeroed, cam timing is zeroed too as i was told by tsp that with the 0 degree phaser limiter i have the cam wont move.
    new cam back to stock torq7.hpt
    fuel is vp c85
    newcam dyno7.hpl

At this point i am at 446whp which is pretty low since i had 469 without the cam, i will be back at the dyno tomorrow to finish up the tuning.

Advanced Tuner
    Ok it seems like i need a lesson on toque tuning, when i fail the MAF the throttle wont open to 100%, i bumped vt 10% but it didnt seem to have any effect, then turned to the DD table and bumped it 10% and saw a slight improvement, went another 10% and trottle went from opening to 70% to 80%, but when i tried a third time to bump the DD it didnt open any more than that.

Fueling follows commanded EQ within 7% of error so my vve shouldnt be to far off any ideas on how to fix this?

newcam dyno17.hpl