Thread: 2015 camaro 6l80e transmission wont move P0700 code

Tuner in Training

2015 camaro 6l80e transmission wont move P0700 code

The engine and transmission are in a 1950 Chevy truck. truck wouldn't start at first. sent the engine computer and the trans computer to CBM for a base tune. Put everything back together. The truck fires right up and idles perfect. great throttle response. But it will not move. I have checked the fluid. I made sure the torque converter is bolted to the flex plate. lol. Transmission is plugged in. Getting several codes. P0122, P0223, P0700, P2122, P2127, p182E, and a P1915. Maybe someone can point me in the right direction so I don't have to wait for weeks for a tuning appointment. Thanks in advance.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    The P182e code is for the internal mode switch. (Tells tcm which gear you select) The p1915 is directly related to 182 code. Those codes will only set if the tcm sees voltage at the transmission. It sounds like something is not plugged in good. When you find it, your truck should start pulling. Good luck!

p182e- Invalid range at mode switch. (internal)
    p1915 -no park/neutral signal recieved

Tuner in Training
    Thank you very much for the input. I noticed under the HP scanner the PRND status said invalid. Has me a bit concerned because I had one of the guys at work install the valve body TCM. there were only two plugs. A green plug and a cream colored plug if I remember correctly. I did crawl under and did a quick inspection while I showed him how to snap in the new trans filter. But now IM concerned and better drop the pan and double check to make sure he actually plugged them in. Thanks again for the reply.

Advanced Tuner
    6l80e has the trans range attached to the TCM, you need to be careful when reinstalling, you need to remove your trans pan, and remove TCM again and install properly, there is a shaft that moves the range sensor, u need to check that out. thats ur issue, been there

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by castorjames View Post
    6l80e has the trans range attached to the TCM, you need to be careful when reinstalling, you need to remove your trans pan, and remove TCM again and install properly, there is a shaft that moves the range sensor, u need to check that out. thats ur issue, been there
    Thank you very much castorjames. That was the correct answer. I dropped the pan this morning and sure enough the range selector was not attached to the metal gear selector coming from the shift linkage. Got it in the right spot and the wheels are spinning. Yesterday the PRND said invalid. Today it reads gears correctly. You are a lifesaver. I greatly appreciate your help. Happy cruising to you my friend.

Advanced Tuner
    Glad to help. Have fun, drive safe