Thread: 2015 cmaro and a 6l80e transmission wont move

Tuner in Training

2015 cmaro and a 6l80e transmission wont move

Installed this motor and trans In a 1950 Chevy pickup. I removed the variable valve timing. Truck would not start. Took the ECM and the TCM to CBM for a base tune. Put the computers back in and the truck fires right up and idles perfect. Great throttle response. But it will not move. Back tires will not spin. I'm getting a lot of check engine lights. P0122, P0223, P0700, P2122, P2127, P182E, and a P1915. maybe someone can point me in the right direction or offer some advice. Thanks in advance. I don't want to wait two weeks for a tuning appointment if I don't have too.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    You may have a wiring issue, or a mismatch between the ECM, throttle body, and accelerator pedal (APP) being used - or all of the above.

You may also have an OS mismatch between the ECM and TCM. The ECM is programmed as a 2015 Camaro, while the TCM is programmed as a 2012 Camaro.

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the reply. It wouldn't surprise me that several parts from different years would be the problem. I would hope that the tuner would have told me that the engine computer wouldn't communicate with the transmission computer due to the difference in years but it wouldn't surprise me if he didn't know or care enough. Unfortunately it was an abandoned project that showed up in boxes so I used what I was supplied.

Gas pedal situation. What should I do. should I order a gas pedal for the 2015 Camaro? Or is there a way to do a correlation or relearn so that the pedal I have in the truck will communicate with the ECM?

ECM and TCM problem. Should I order a TCM for a 2015 transmission or is there a way to get the 2012 TCM to communicate with the newer 2015 Camaro ECM? I really appreciate the feed back.

I would hope there are no wiring issues because I purchased the wiring harness through CBM and it was a very nice harness. Everything plugged directly into all engine and transmission components. I only had to hook up main power, keyed power, grounds, Tach wire to my gauges, Speedo wire to my gauges, and a brake signal that has power when off the brakes and looses power when brakes are applied. Pretty nice setup I thought until it wouldn't move. any other feedback would be greatly appreciated. Thanks again.

Advanced Tuner
    If it is a newly manufactured wiring harness - then it should be OK - as long as it was wired (pinned) for a Camaro APP (pedal).

Make sure the APP that you have is for a 2010 to 2015 Camaro.

With respect to the ECM and TCM - the most simple course of action would likely be to flash the ECM as a 2012 Camaro.