Thread: Injector swap help needed.

Injector swap help needed.

My IDC was maxing out so I ordered and received 34# injectors from Fuel Injector Connection to replace my stock LQ4 25# ones. I went this route because of the good reviews I read here and mostly because they came with the data needed to make them work.

When I asked them for data, I received an Excel spreadsheet with the Flow Rate vs KPA data from 0-80 and another from 128-640 KPA. I haven't installed them yet but thought I'd get a jump on things and set up the tune for when I do the installation.

Looking at my tune under Injector control, I see Flow Rate, Limits, Offset and Pulse Corrections. This brings me to the following questions:

1. Do I need to do anything to these tables or is it as simple as copying new data into the Flow Rate table?

2. The new flow rate data scales up as pressure increases while my old data is set even at 24.8 from 0-80 KPA. My swap uses the stock truck regulator - should I use the scaled data or go 34# straight across?

3. My Flow Rate table goes from 0-80 KPA but the data I received gives me these values plus data from 128-640 KPA. Is there another table I'm missing somewhere or is this higher value table used for something else like boosted applications?

Thanks for any guidance you can offer. I've done a bunch of reading on here but can't seem to come up with a definitive answer.
    55 Belair swapped 2000 LQ4, 4L80E, 873 cast iron heads have been swapped for 853's, truck manifolds, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, glass pack mufflers, no cats.

Advanced Tuner
    Copy paste data.

You have a referenced regulator then you IFR should be the same from 0 to 80kpa using the value from 0 and adjusting that number depending on your fuel pressure.

The offsets vs volts is the same thing. Same numbers from the 0 kpa table across to 80kpa.

The rest just match your tables and copy paste
    1997 30th SS. Torqhead 24x, TFS heads, 223/235 cam, 4l80e, S60 D1SC 14psi

I only received data for the IFR, so if I read this right, I also have to make changes to Limits, Offset and Pulse Corrections?
    55 Belair swapped 2000 LQ4, 4L80E, 873 cast iron heads have been swapped for 853's, truck manifolds, 2 1/2 inch exhaust, glass pack mufflers, no cats.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    Yes.
    Ifr just tells the ecu how the injector flows wide open in varying manifold conditions.
    Offset(typically voltage) is used to apply corrections to varying voltage. Thing of voltage as strength of force. If its low it can't open it properly so there needs to be a correction. That's what volt offset does.
    Short pulse. In low pulse width ranges, the injector flow becomes nonlinear. This table applies correction to this to make it linear again.
    These are the most critical ones. All of them add up to control Injectors accurately.

Thanks from the explanation - makes more sense now.

Gotta say I'm a bit disappointed with my purchase. I went with the reputable company so that I wouldn't have to hunt all over the place for data. Or is there some magical place to get all this data from?

Did they email you a excel spreadsheet with the data?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Yes but all it had was the IFR data from 0-80 KPA and from 128-640 KPA - that's it!

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 55Belair View Post
    Yes but all it had was the IFR data from 0-80 KPA and from 128-640 KPA - that's it!
    There should be multiple tabs on the bottom of the page

Unfortunately, there aren't. There are only 2 tabs - one with the IFR data and the other is labelled MAP Ranges which only has the columns headings for the IFR table. Going by what you are saying, looks like I only got a partial file.

FI Connection has a data request on their page. see if they can supply more complete information. whatever they give you, post it here and we can see if it can be formatted for your app.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Yes, I've requested the data and this is all I got. I think a call to them is in order as soon as they open on Monday. Whet they gave me looks like copy/paste, so already in the proper format, it's just that I only got a partial file. Will post the results of my inquiries here.

Next time try fuel injector clinic. If you want you can download the gm data from fuel injector clinics website and see the format you should be receiving. I love my ID injectors but they dont have the low flow range options like fuel injector clinic does.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by cobaltssoverbooster View Post
    Next time try fuel injector clinic. If you want you can download the gm data from fuel injector clinics website and see the format you should be receiving. I love my ID injectors but they dont have the low flow range options like fuel injector clinic does.
    Its just odd i got all the data when i went with connection

Just got off the phone with customer service at FIC. They advise that the data they sent is all I need, Since the 34lbs injectors I got are the same as stock with an extra hole in them so, other than the IFR, the rest of the tables remain the same. The logic is that the internals have remained the same. They also suggest that since I'm using a vacuum referenced fuel regulator on the stock rail, the IFR should be flat lined across the range, This should be a really simple tune change. The folks here were really friendly and helpful.

Unfortunately, I will need to wait until the spring or to see how these work out but at least I have the data I need to set them up.

thats a large assumption to make without data to prove that. hopefully they have done the flow testing to be able to say that.
    as they claim, with these small injectors, you should definitely land in a workable range. I would proceed as advised to see how it goes.

make sure you populate the IFR table with the flow cell that matches your rail pressure. so pick the oem 58 psi or 400 kpa cell for the flow rate if your fuel system uses stock regulating devices. if aftermarket and adjustable i would aim for 58 psi because thats what the oem offsets would be for.
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman