Thread: Hard Starting like its flooding

Tuner

Hard Starting like its flooding

I have a 99 suburban I put an ls 6.0 into with 243 heads and stage 2 btr truck cam. it has a TBSS intake with a WARR throttle body. When I first started it, it fired right up and idled (really rich) but started fine. I have since removed some fuel to get it closer and replaced the fuel pump with a Quantum 340 lph unit, The regulator i am running is a holley fuel injection regulator and its set to 50psi. On initial startup it was at 40psi. Now its really hard to start. I have to prime the fuel pump numerous times to get it to start. I can hear it popping in the exhaust when i am cranking and if I hold the accelerator at 100% (flood clear) it will start and run. After I get it to start and run it idles fine. Has a hard time restarting as well. Any idea where to start? not sure if I am overfueling or maybe have a stuck injector. Attached is my most recent log and most recent tune. Still working on getting a wideband as that is a separate issue I am working on with AEM.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    Not at a computer I can look at the tune on currently but..

GM used 58psi base fuel pressure stock, you either need to use this pressure, or adjust your injector info accordingly. I would suggest just setting the FPR to 58psi, use stock injector info for whatever part number injectors you have, and roll on.
    Wouldn't hurt to throw a different gauge on the fuel rail just to verify you're not dealing with a bad gauge.
    Also verify you have fuel pressure when you key on. If you have to prime it multiple times this is indicative of fuel pressure bleeding off somewhere in the system.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner
    I scaled my injectors back to compensate for the reduced pressure. I can?t go past 50psi without the regulator Fluttering. Holley tech support said it was too much flow and was pushing past the diaphragm. Would have been nice if they had noted on the website that the regulator I got would support that type of flow. But I scaled my injectors before. I found a leak on the return line and got that corrected. Seems like it?s better so far but time will tell.