Thread: 2004 stock 5.3 not idling correctly...

Potential Tuner

2004 stock 5.3 not idling correctly...

I have a 2004 vin z 5.3 with a p59 ecm and standalone harness. car is sitting on jackstands and waiting on driveshaft but at initial startup it wont idle worth a crap. hours on you tube and this forum i have finally decide to ask for help cause maybe i am missing something i dunno.. this is my first ls swap and finally accepting the fact about the learning curve.. well school me yall i really need help understanding whats going on. if anyone with a stock 5.3 idle log file i could compare to it would be greatly appericated. i'm not against trying to figure it out but i dont know what normal idle numbers are suppose to resemble as in how much airflow is needed at idle in lb/hr or if i am getting skewed numbers from a fauly sensor. the motor came out of a 2004 suburban and ran fine before i pulled motor transmission was missing overdrive but still drove ok with 1st and 2nd (never went fast enough to get to third) and pulled and swapped into fox body and installed and didnt change anything but vats and been playing with stuff but anyways any and all help is appericated.. just want to learn is all.. ill attach a log file also. base tune with e temp.hpl

Tuner
    Make sure you don't have any exhaust leaks, your running pretty lean.

The extreme negative timing isn't helping you out either.

What's your fuel pressure?

Is the exhaust complete? O2 sensors do not like open headers or unfinished exhaust that isn't at least a few feet past the sensors.

Being a swap vehicle lots of random things needs to be disabled for things like abuse modes, trouble codes for parts not being used, cat over temp needs to be shut off.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Well as far as exaust leaks there are none... But i didnt know about the completed exhaust its about a 6" past the o2s and have done alot of research tonight and turned abuse modes off and tq mgmt off and when you turm dtc's off is it better to set them and no error reported or mil on first error?

Set them all to no error reported for things like EVAP and rear o2 sensors, uncheck the SES box.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.