Thread: Cts-v help

Tuner in Training

Cts-v help

I have a 2012 CTS-v with all the following mods, 2.45 upper pulley,5" air intake, TSP stage 2 blower cam, 660 springs, 1000cc FIC injectors,reinforced brick, lower heat exchanger with varimax pump and trunk tank, 2" headers and 3" x pipe through the stock mufflers, im having a hard time getting this car to run and idle correctly, it starts up and is very rough running the wideband is showing dead lean but the exhaust smell and smoke shows rich, idle never smooths out and chops like the cam should it stays like its struggling to run no matter how much fuel ive thrown to it down low, at one point it was like the pcm "caught" and the car went down to the correct commanded AFR and ran smooth as silk cam was sounding good and then it quit and went back to rough running and lean. Ive tried different injector data scaling the maf adding fuel taking away fuel. Im running out of ideas if anyone has any feedback let me know. ill attach the last tune that was in it and a couple idle datalogs with some small revs in them. RPM is not showing up in the datalog for some reason but works on the dash.
    Im using the AEM 30-0300 that plugs in to the OBD, cant seem to get it to transfer to the scanner.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by tbandit10; 11-15-2019 at 09:04 AM.

Advanced Tuner
    You aren't logging quite a few important PIDs

Advanced Tuner
    As stated, you need to log some basic PID’s on your scanner. RPM, fuel trims (LT & ST), vehicle speed, etc… Otherwise the log is largely useless.

Id suggest changing dynamic airflow > hi rpm re-enable limits around. Right now your setup to use Speed density between 900-1000 range only and MAF past 1000 RPM. That doesn’t make much sense to me.

May as well run maf only or at least for troubleshooting. Hi rpm disable 100, hi rpm re-enable 0. If it idles better your VVE fuelng is probably whack or its getting confused between transitioning between both airmass models.

All your vve tables should look the same. One of them looks really weird. 2x of them look stock, and the other appears tuned to 3200rpm. The maf tables could also be smoother.

Get a better logfile and ideally wideband data too. But some quick tips from what i saw in the tune.