Thread: e38 timing

e38 timing

E38 in SD, does the ecm use idle spark tables or go directly to the high/low octane tables?

does anyone else have to wait for the MAF to fail every time you flash?

are decapped injectors noisier?

has anyone used a different flat style MAF sensor? if so what is the GM part #?

Quote Originally Posted by geneass View Post
    has anyone used a different flat style MAF sensor? if so what is the GM part #?
    This is the MAF sensor I use on all my Gen4 stuff acdelco 213-4222. The gm number is 15865791

its like 40 bucks on amazon and listed under the 213-4222 number but the part you get is the actual GM part. If you buy it using the GM number its like 65-70 bucks.

As for your question about the MAF failing before you flash..... Not sure what you mean by that.

thanks for the part number. I wanted to run SD, but I may try to cram the MAF into the intake tube. everytime I make changes and reflash the ecm I have to crank the truck over until the ecm fails the MAF, then it will run. for a while I thought the changes I was making was causing the crank issue.

thanks for the part number. I wanted to run SD, but I may try to cram the MAF into the intake tube. everytime I make changes and reflash the ecm I have to crank the truck over until the ecm fails the MAF, then it will run. for a while I thought the changes I was making was causing the crank issue.
    Change the MAF fail timers to 0sec, This messed me up for a long time too.
    2010 Camaro LS3 (E38 ECU - Spark only). MS3X running complete RTT fuel control (wideband).
    Whipple 2.9L, 3.875" Pulley, kit injectors, supplied MSD Boost-A-Pump, stock pump
    LG Motorsports 1 7/8" Headers - No Cats, stock mid pipe with JBA Axle Back
    ZL1 Wheels/Tires

I did but still have to wait a couple of cranks before it fails. I crank then check and after the scanner shows the MAF failed error it starts. Just aggravating

I did but still have to wait a couple of cranks before it fails. I crank then check and after the scanner shows the MAF failed error it starts. Just aggravating
    If you set the entire MAF table to an airflow close to what it'll see at idle (including the lowest cell) that will at least give it enough airflow (and thus fuel) to start quicker. Give something like 8 g/sec a try. Then it'll fail the MAF after a second or whatever and switch over to SD
    Post a log and tune if you want help

VCM Suite V3+ GETTING STARTED THREADS / HOW TO's

Tuner by night
    CPX Tuning
    2005 Corvette, M6
    ECS 1500 Supercharger
    AlkyControl Meth, Monster LT1-S Twin, NT05R's
    ID1000's, 220/240, .598/.598, 118 from Cam Motion

2007 Escalade, A6
    Stock