Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: HP Tuners Now Supports 08-19 Subaru STI and 08-14 Subaru WRX

HP Tuners Now Supports 08-19 Subaru STI and 08-14 Subaru WRX

08-19 Subaru STI and 08-14 Subaru WRX Support

At HP Tuners we continue to expand our support, and now we are proud to announce support for
    the 2008-2019 Subaru STI and 2008-2014 Subaru WRX. The first Subaru vehicles to be supported
    with HP Tuners.

Tuning will require an MPVI2 interface, the latest beta software, and an internet connection.
    Licensing cost is 4 credits, and support will include speed density and enhanced data logging.

Note: Enhanced data logging - the OEM controller doesn't allow logging memory parameters over
    CAN. The enhanced datalogging is a patch that enables memory parameters logging and gives you
    more PIDs

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
    • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

Subaru
    • 08-19 STI
    • 08-14 WRX

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-editor/changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

Quote Originally Posted by Darek@HPTuners View Post

08-19 Subaru STI and 08-14 Subaru WRX Support

At HP Tuners we continue to expand our support, and now we are proud to announce support for
    the 2008-2019 Subaru STI and 2008-2014 Subaru WRX. The first Subaru vehicles to be supported
    with HP Tuners.

Tuning will require an MPVI2 interface, the latest beta software, and an internet connection.
    Licensing cost is 4 credits, and support will include speed density and enhanced data logging.

Note: Enhanced data logging - the OEM controller doesn't allow logging memory parameters over
    CAN. The enhanced datalogging is a patch that enables memory parameters logging and gives you
    more PIDs

• Click here to purchase an MPVI2
    • Click here to download the latest version of our VCM Suite software

Subaru
    • 08-19 STI
    • 08-14 WRX

For the full VCM Editor Change Log, please see the following link:
    http://www.hptuners.com/help/vcm-editor/changelog.html

For the full VCM Scanner Change Log, please see the following link:
    https://www.hptuners.com/help/VCM-Sc...changelog.html

For more information, and to view the latest supported vehicles list, click here.

Subaru BRZ/Toyota 86 PCM and TCM support would be awesome.

There isn't any software out there that has TCM support for these (Auto TCM)
    2008 J2 F-350 CCSB

Potential Tuner
    That is Great News! do you have a distributors list to purchase the OBD device and credits? or only online?

Senior Tuner
    Can we get a read to check out?

Tuner in Training
    any patches or custom options can be done to the ecu by hptuners ?
    what benefits can i have if compared to open source ?

Quote Originally Posted by welaish View Post
    That is Great News! do you have a distributors list to purchase the OBD device and credits? or only online?
    We do not have a list but if you reach out to [email protected] with your location they can tell you if there is a distributor near you.

Quote Originally Posted by samtuning View Post
    any patches or custom options can be done to the ecu by hptuners ?
    what benefits can i have if compared to open source ?
    We have speed density and enhanced datastream OS patches

very curious cant wait to get tot the shop tomorrow and get a stock read, curious how flex fuel and flex sensors will tie into this as Cobb has a pretty big strong hold on the Subaru market. very interesting. I will hopefully have a few stock file reads tomorrow to start playing around with

Will it works on Subaru that was previously tuned with ecutek ?

well it wont read if flashed with a cobb accessport so I wouldn't think ecutek will read either. needs to be a stock tune file.

well it wont read a stock 2012 wrx file, keep getting file failed to load definitions

Stock 2012 WRX read.hpt

Potential Tuner
    Same problem...
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dwright122 View Post
    well it wont read a stock 2012 wrx file, keep getting file failed to load definitions

Stock 2012 WRX read.hpt
    Send support the file and the info read. Probably just a file they haven't had yet.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by yonil01 View Post
    Same problem...
    Send support the file and the info read. Probably just a file they haven't had yet.

Tuner in Training
    Are there any example tune files that we can open and look at? I've tuned hundreds of Subarus over the years with many tools (OpenECU, ECUTek, Cobb, UTEC, etc). I'm very interested in this option.

Potential Tuner
    sent in my info log, and the newest beta worked!!!! tuning next week

hope the attachment works. i dont ever post on this forum LOL
    Attached Files Attached Files

well I see your file can be read but the 2011 and 2018 files I sent in still show as not having the definitions

okay, after review of a base file I must say I love the lunch and flat footed shifts along with the speed density option. one of the biggest mods in the late model subarus is flex fuel it is huge at our shop and across the country. wondering if this can be added for flex fuel kits like cobb or delicious tuning kits. without this feature I do not see this catching on as big as it could.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by dwright122 View Post
    okay, after review of a base file I must say I love the lunch and flat footed shifts along with the speed density option. one of the biggest mods in the late model subarus is flex fuel it is huge at our shop and across the country. wondering if this can be added for flex fuel kits like cobb or delicious tuning kits. without this feature I do not see this catching on as big as it could.
    Adding IAT sensor scalar so SD can be ran properly would be a start..

Quote Originally Posted by Johnson Tuning View Post
    Adding IAT sensor scalar so SD can be ran properly would be a start..
    Send in a support ticket so we can keep track of it, it will be added.

As for flex fuel, no ETA. Not currently being developed, but that doesn't mean the potential for it being added in the future won't be there.