Thread: Super rich on cold start for 10-15 minutes even while driving

Potential Tuner

Super rich on cold start for 10-15 minutes even while driving

I just put a turbo and changed the entire fuel system on 00 ls1 has cam stock heads and intake with 80mm turbo and 210lb injectors with 2 450 pumps on cold start it will run around 10.5-11.0 and sputter all the way till im almost at work then boom just switches over and runs 13-14 afr I only run the 2 front o2 sensors

tune Is far from final im still dialing in the VE and smoothing but cant seem to find anything like this

at the end of the log you can see it jump from 10.5 to 13ish AFR then I stop the log so I can see if theres any changes. its speed density tune no MAF

if anything looks a little funky in the tune let me know all help is needed lol

roll racing 1.hpt
    car clreaer up.hpl
    Last edited by Justinktm; 11-16-2019 at 04:10 PM.

If you are running 120lb/hr injectors, why is the flow rate set to 100lb/hr?

What is your fuel pressure regulator set to hold pressure at? What injectors are they, did they come with data?

Set all the MAF dtc's to MIL on first error and uncheck the SES boxes.

Tone the spark advance down at idle, no reason to try and run 25-30 degrees. Aim for 18-22 degrees instead. The rest of the spark tables need adjustments too, it's setup like a NA engine still with too much timing.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I just copied the injector data from buddies car that has the same 210lb Bosch injectors the FPR is at 40-43PSI and is boost reference
    The timing is set like that just because it?s not into boost it?s normal n/a until it?s into boost. Currently only running 5-7 lbs gate spring only

They are 210's and not 120's like the first post, mistype?

I can't offer any real help if the injectors are that absurdly large. Going with some 80-100lb/hr injectors with known data would make things far easier. No scaling of anything required just to get fueling under control.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    They are 210's and not 120's like the first post, mistype?

I can't offer any real help if the injectors are that absurdly large. Going with some 80-100lb/hr injectors with known data would make things far easier. No scaling of anything required just to get fueling under control.
    yes they are 210 I guess I fat fingered it in the original post lol what throws me off is its only giving me problems when cold but after 10-15 minutes its like flip of a switch straight to clean afr