Thread: 2012 Challenger R/T Comp 274 Cam Hanging Revs / Running Away / Slow Coastdown

Potential Tuner

2012 Challenger R/T Comp 274 Cam Hanging Revs / Running Away / Slow Coastdown

Hi guys, I'm new to the MOPAR side of tuning and having some trouble with a car I just put together for a buddy. Specs on the car are as follows: 2012 Challenger R/T, 5.7, M/T, COMP Cams 274 phaser limiter cam (w/ limiter, of course), FIC 775cc/min Injectors, ARH 1 3/4" long tubes with off-road pipes, K&N CAI. As fuel, airflow, and spark goes the vehicle is otherwise stock. Currently, I have the ANN turned off because I couldn't seem to reel in the way-too-big injectors or make it idle with it on, and the car starts up, idles, runs and drives fine, the way-too-big injectors the kid ordered have actually proven quite responsive and easy to reel in so far, etc.... All is well EXCEPT for the fact that it intermittently hangs the revs while rolling, constantly suffers from a slow coast down to idle no matter the driving conditions, and in some cases (while rolling) when the clutch is pushed in and I take my foot off the gas the car will simply run up to a certain RPM (seems to love about 2500 and 3500) and stay there until the car stops moving. I've found plenty of info on the forum so far about various similar issues but nothing that seems to be exactly the same issue I'm having at the moment. I've tried a few things with various tables but mostly using Trial-Error-Reset tactics and I'm still totally at a loss as to how I can get rid of the rev hang.

Included in the post are a stock tune file, the current tune file flashed to the car, and a log file from this morning. Unfortunately the problem wasn't as apparent during this run as was this afternoon (no adjustments in between the two runs) but I accidentally lost that log file. I'm hoping the supplied one helps but if it doesn't I can always go run the car again and post up another one.

Just hoping someone on here would be so kind as to let me know exactly what I've F__d up.. I'm happy to supply any more info anyone might need about the car and as always any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    Attached Files Attached Files

Quote Originally Posted by 376TurboFire View Post
    Hi guys, I'm new to the MOPAR side of tuning and having some trouble with a car I just put together for a buddy. Specs on the car are as follows: 2012 Challenger R/T, 5.7, M/T, COMP Cams 274 phaser limiter cam (w/ limiter, of course), FIC 775cc/min Injectors, ARH 1 3/4" long tubes with off-road pipes, K&N CAI. As fuel, airflow, and spark goes the vehicle is otherwise stock. Currently, I have the ANN turned off because I couldn't seem to reel in the way-too-big injectors or make it idle with it on, and the car starts up, idles, runs and drives fine, the way-too-big injectors the kid ordered have actually proven quite responsive and easy to reel in so far, etc.... All is well EXCEPT for the fact that it intermittently hangs the revs while rolling, constantly suffers from a slow coast down to idle no matter the driving conditions, and in some cases (while rolling) when the clutch is pushed in and I take my foot off the gas the car will simply run up to a certain RPM (seems to love about 2500 and 3500) and stay there until the car stops moving. I've found plenty of info on the forum so far about various similar issues but nothing that seems to be exactly the same issue I'm having at the moment. I've tried a few things with various tables but mostly using Trial-Error-Reset tactics and I'm still totally at a loss as to how I can get rid of the rev hang.

Included in the post are a stock tune file, the current tune file flashed to the car, and a log file from this morning. Unfortunately the problem wasn't as apparent during this run as was this afternoon (no adjustments in between the two runs) but I accidentally lost that log file. I'm hoping the supplied one helps but if it doesn't I can always go run the car again and post up another one.

Just hoping someone on here would be so kind as to let me know exactly what I've F__d up.. I'm happy to supply any more info anyone might need about the car and as always any assistance is greatly appreciated!
    Copied from another persons experience.
    just +40% on Throttle Body Airflow table and around +30% on both Desired Throttle Large & Small Range.
    2012 Challenger CompCam 274.hpt
    2018 Trackhawk PCM/TCM tune by Dusterhoff.
    Flex Fuel, MMX faux 95mm TB, GripTec 2.85, 10% ATI lower, FIC1200, ARH 1 7/8 w/cats, 180 T-stat

13 Chrysler 300S, RAM BGE 412 stroker, cam motion 232/246 619/619 118 +4, ATI 18% OD pulley
    Whipple Gen5 3.0, 2.50 upper pulley, Smooth Boost controller, FIC 1200 inj. Nick W 108mm TB, FORE dual return fuel system, E85, FTI 2800 stall(SRT83380), SHR WAR Viking trans and valve body, Getrag 3.73, 1 7/8 kooks w/hi-flow cats, 3" Magnaflow Cat-back 943rwhp

ANN tuning is tricky, there is a lot of good info on here though about how to go about tackling it. I'm still in the learning stages with regards to that. Good luck

Advanced Tuner
    Do you have accurate injector data?

Hey I just built my 2012 392 stroker to 430 all forged and have the Comp Cam 274, Edelbrock heads and intake with a 90mm throttle body, MSD coils Kooks long tubes, green cats and borla Atak, running very lean...Need Help

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    post your tune, if you only raised idle you will need alot of work
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161