Thread: Where did the EGR maps go?

Where did the EGR maps go?

When did the EGR maps disappear for the 6.7L Ford diesels? We had them a little while back and now they are gone. These are required for proper tuning with emissions intact.....

Tuner
    That?s why I don?t update I was going to update scanner but not now my SCTX4 crashed this morning during an update I was going to use it for egr probe 170$ down the drain If tech support can?t help me out

probably 6 months ago.

sad thing is, hptuners is no longer very supportive of importing .bin files either... really getting slim on what vehicles are actually worth tuning with HpTuners

Quote Originally Posted by crash01 View Post
    sad thing is, hptuners is no longer very supportive of importing .bin files either... really getting slim on what vehicles are actually worth tuning with HpTuners
    what software are you using to delete diesels (which no one can do anymore) or tune 2019 ZR1's (which only HPT can do right now)?

HPT is the most limited in the diesel world, there are lots of other options for diesels. and zr1 isnt my market...Not saying HPT isnt useful, Its just limited unless you dive deep into user defined parameters and such
    Last edited by crash01; 11-18-2019 at 03:19 PM.

HPT is the most limited in the diesel world, there are lots of other options for diesels. and zr1 isnt my market...Not saying HPT isnt useful, Its just limited unless you dive deep into user defined parameters and such
    so we are just talking about the diesel market?

3% of the US market and presumably the same ratio of modified/tuned to stock as gas powered vehicles......pretty small market.

so to protect themselves from potential shutdown or debilitating fines, HPT has reduced or eliminated exposure by limiting diesel access to what is strictly needed in order to serve a much larger audience and be a profitable business with long term potential....yeah I think I would make the same choice.

What is a good option for Ford diesels?

you are in the diesel thread, so yes, we are talking about the diesel market

you are in the diesel thread, so yes, we are talking about the diesel market
    that's fine. your post (#4) said it's getting slim what vehicles are worth tuning with HPT. So I answered that post. The answer is, basically all of them......and very few software companies are still allowing deletes for diesels and those that are won't be very long.

Quote Originally Posted by Higgs Boson View Post
    that's fine. your post (#4) said it's getting slim what vehicles are worth tuning with HPT. So I answered that post. The answer is, basically all of them......and very few software companies are still allowing deletes for diesels and those that are won't be very long.
    My issue is , i'm simply asking for EGR maps which we had and are required to dial in a tune and keep it within legal specs. How can i adjust my NOx production without being able to modify the EGR table? I can't do everything with timing and fuel alone, especially at idle and during cold starts.

Quote Originally Posted by JaegerWrenching View Post
    My issue is , i'm simply asking for EGR maps which we had and are required to dial in a tune and keep it within legal specs. How can i adjust my NOx production without being able to modify the EGR table? I can't do everything with timing and fuel alone, especially at idle and during cold starts.
    this wouldnt be such an issue if we could import .bin files without issue, but yes i agree with you, to do a legit emission on tune we need to control egr flow

check your inbox

When did the EGR maps disappear for the 6.7L Ford diesels? We had them a little while back and now they are gone. These are required for proper tuning with emissions intact.....
    I imagine I could add them for you.