Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Audis Are Confusing - 2008 2.0T

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by chevelle72 View Post
    Out of sheer curiosity, how more much boost does the HPFP allow you to play with ?
    We should be running around 17-18 now and should be able to really crank it to around 21 with a HPFP upgrade

Tuner in Training
    And thats just a quick spike or maintains and gradually levels off like it does currently? This car has like 210k km on her and I would feel bad for the turbo I think lol.. the new car on the other hand

Advanced Tuner
    And thats just a quick spike or maintains and gradually levels off like it does currently? This car has like 210k km on her and I would feel bad for the turbo I think lol.. the new car on the other hand
    Depends how you tune it, the car will follow what we request

Advanced Tuner
    something small ive noticed in the logs to help dial in the PE table... the PE fueling request seems to track this PID in the logger "Calculated Engine Load (SAE)" which only hits about 93% at peak torque so if you wanted to scale down the axis that is incorectly labelled as APP to a max of 92% then interpolate to the 80% value this may be able to get our max rich request down to what we are inputting in the table at peak torque

Try this, send logs

2008-A4-2LT6MT-8E1910115G__0010-TylerMod9.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Hahah oh I know it'll follow what its programmed to do, was just curious how much more usable boost the HPFP gets you before its just too much over-compressed hot air lol

I was looking back at the previous tune and was going to ask/curious as to the one axis change in ECM 25456, but seems you beat me to the explanation :P
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    looks really good, the only thing i notice is doing 1st gear pulls the HPFP takes too much time to build target pressure (110Bar) and it max's out the STFT (lambda control) trying to keep the target Lambda in check, might have something to do with how fast the pump is allowed to build pressure per cycle.

Tuner in Training
    And thats a physical limitation of the HPFP itself? Could it just be that its getting tired and showing its age? Sure its the original to the car and again, +210k km lol

Tuner
    It could be a limitation of the pump or... have you ever changed your fuel filter? If not it's not a guaranteed fix but might be worth a try.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by ELaw View Post
    It could be a limitation of the pump or... have you ever changed your fuel filter? If not it's not a guaranteed fix but might be worth a try.
    earlier in the thread he says he replaced the filter, the HPFP has no problem making the pressures we ask for but I'm guessing a part of the PID doesn't let it build quick enough for a 1st gear rpm sweep, its riding around 50bar at the beginning and has to jump up to 100bar during the midrange, I might try raising the amount of pressure the pid can raise per cycle and see if that helps but im a bit busy with my car now haha

Tuner in Training
    Yes, fuel filter and cam follower have been changed recently (within the last few thousand KM)

Oh and here I was thinking because I normally dont do a WOT pull from any other gears as low RPM wise (not clutch dumping it by any means lol) as I do 1st, plus theres a fair amount of weight to start moving from a relative standstill, the HPFP just needed a bit to catch up.

Out of curiosity, what is it that youre working on ?
    Last edited by chevelle72; 04-20-2020 at 04:29 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Out of curiosity, what is it that youre working on ?
    Currently tuning my 2011 2.0T Catless 6-speed car

Quote Originally Posted by TylerJDubbs View Post
    We should be running around 17-18 now and should be able to really crank it to around 21 with a HPFP upgrade
    In my gen2 ea888 (IE tune not mine) holds at 22 psi with a k04, with the k03 tune was requesting 22.5 but had loose waste gate flap so could not hold boost above 17 psi.

boost chart.PNG