Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Audis Are Confusing - 2008 2.0T

Tuner in Training
    Ah kk, obviously wasnt sure but thanks for the clarification!

Yeah, I looked again and wasnt able to find those unfortunately - guessing thats something id need to ask support to look into or .. ?

And ive read a tiny amount on the HPFP but i was under the impression a stage tune 2 (so like low 20 peak, high teens carry over) was obtainable if the current FP is still in good condition?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Advanced Tuner
    2008-A4-2LT6MT-8E1910115G__0010-TylerMod3.hpt

Seems like LPFP duty was too low, try this

Advanced Tuner
    also when you make logs you need to do a 3rd gear 2-7 that would be much better than what youre doing

Tuner in Training
    And that was evident just in the tune or you have an idea as to what the typical pressures are and mine are just low?

Ill upload the new tune in the morning and take her for a drive. Most pulls are done in 3rd, but ill try and get a little more rev range out of them!

As an FYI Ive gone and ordered a new cam follower that ill install this upcoming week just to be on the safe side - the HPFP upgrades kits are definitely more money than i thought theyd be hah
    Last edited by chevelle72; 11-16-2019 at 08:46 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    As far as I can see from the logs and file the requested low pressure system is around .8bar short of what it should be

Tuner in Training
    Hey, so just got back from a drive with the tune you did last night - can definitely see more fuel! I also noticed that after logging a different IAT that theres a good degree of separation between it and ambient when you start getting into the upper rpm band, perhaps thats the correct one to be using?

Advanced Tuner
    are you getting any DTC codes?

Advanced Tuner
    everything looks much better! I added a little bit of LPFP DC% as well as upped the rail pressure request slightly to get some more fuel into her

timing was a bit too retarded at peak so i scaled the axis a bit higher, this should give us some positive timing values on spool up and added a tiny bit of fuel earlier on in the RPM range

load was tapering off at the end of the pull pretty hard so i added a little bit of WGDC to the last column of maximum I-Term

looking forward to seeing logs from this one it should go pretty good haha

2008-A4-2LT6MT-8E1910115G__0010-TylerMod4.hpt

Tuner in Training
    Have to say, its sincerely impressive how well you know these cars - I was making changes here and there for a month and youve done far more in a day lol. Honestly cant thank you enough

Car seemed to have less initial lag and felt strong in the mid, upper is hard to tell as the roads around here are very windy and im more focused on that unfortunately

Advanced Tuner
    haha thanks man, I Try. Just trying to learn and expand my knowledge like the rest of us

still have that lean spot.... if my next attempt doesnt fix it i recommend looking at a fuel filter or maybe we lower the boost a tad

i decided to ditch trying to maintain the 4.5Bar request from the LPFP and went ahead and put the duty values back to stock but requesting 5.25 bar now

2008-A4-2LT6MT-8E1910115G__0010-TylerMod6.hpt
    Last edited by TylerJDubbs; 11-18-2019 at 06:36 PM.

Advanced Tuner
    Any updates on this?

Tuner in Training
    Hey! Sorry to JUST be getting back to this, but this years been a crazy one so far lol. Attached is a log after the fuel filter and plugs were changed (cooper and one step colder)

Advanced Tuner
    Welcome back!

Are you running the last tune that i sent?

Try this, 2008-A4-2LT6MT-8E1910115G__0010-TylerMod7.hpt
    Last edited by TylerJDubbs; 04-06-2020 at 10:12 AM.

Tuner in Training
    Better late than never lol.. Yes, the car was using the latest tune at the time, but this new one is MUCH better (especially on the top end) !!
    So took out some spark and made it run a tad more rich, that I understand, curious as to the change to EGT overtemp (14995)?

Advanced Tuner
    I wanted to get temp control fueling to engage sooner via ECM 14995

now our overtemp is doing what we want , but our power enrichment is slacking on our spool up... we are slightley too lean at peak torque to run decent timing in anything other than a 3rd gear pull (second gear pull had up to 9* of knock retard while only running a .97lambda at 2.2bar absolute, not good...) so i enriched PE fueling sooner 80% pedal/Torque in lower RPM.

Well actually i added timing and took away fuel, but our lambda targets for temp control are doing what we ask now because of the changes to ECM24253-5 which is great because now we are not seeing that lean spot and maxing of STFT halfway in the pull

Try this and get some logs 2008-A4-2LT6MT-8E1910115G__0010-TylerMod8.hpt

Tuner in Training
    And thats as the name sorta implies, keep cylinder temps down or .. ? (Probably a dumb question but I clearly cant make assumptions with this thing lol)

Hahahah oh god, I confused the two when I was looking at the comparisons . When you say maxing the STFT, why is that good and whats the max? Logged that other audi I have (mind you waiting for an N205 valve to come in for it) and its at like 25% whenever Im on the throttle (like even casual driving)

Advanced Tuner
    Damn it looks like a good start now ��

Until we can get more params added from HPTuners to log like requested TIP, actual TIP, requested load, fuel injector on time, wastegate DC and maybe drivers requested torque. There isn’t much more to be done ��

Tuner in Training
    These are things I can maybe log in VCDS but correct in HPtuners?

Advanced Tuner
    I’m not really interested in going any further on VCDS logs, you’ve got a very well setup base file there that you can make tweaks to

Look through and see what you have available if you’re missing any, open a ticket. Once you get them available I can help you make some tweaks or if you get a HPFP upgrade we can turn up the boost

Tuner in Training
    Most certainly understand and cant thank you enough for all the help! I truly do appreciate it and has given me a great guidance/amount to look over!

.. Out of sheer curiosity, how more much boost does the HPFP allow you to play with ?