Thread: 2016 GMC SIERRA KR* can't eliminate

Potential Tuner

2016 GMC SIERRA KR* can't eliminate

I have 2016 GMC Sierra single cab

mods:
    Air aid CAI
    Cat delete + cat back

I have a lot of KR* I expect the KR* from TQ tables (driver demand, peak engine torque and VVT coeff...etc)

I am not expert with Gen5 GM ecu please guys check attachment and give me your opinion
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    The 4800 rpm area is very prone to knock. It's normal to see a couple degrees less timing in this area from .60 to wot. Most of your table looks a little high to me unless your are running some really good fuel.

Tuner in Training
    I’m new to the gen v tuning as well but have you dialed in your VVE and MAF using a wideband ? Check your LTFTs, fueling could be way off .

Do you have a wideband in the exhaust to see what your real time air fuel ratio's are?

Having the timing tables mirrored doesn't help the knock either, once it knocks it can't get rid of it because the tables are the same. It can remove some but then slams it right back in once's it gone and the knock can return again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I reduce peak engine torque and I got little better.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    Looks like you added your burst retard back. Then you bumped your minimum spark table to 21 degrees at wot. Not smart. You need to take your minimum spark table back and pull timing in the areas that show KR.

As an experiment, richen it back up some.

If you're actual air/fuel ratios are in the ballpark of what you're commanding, my experience with LS & now with these LT truck engines is that they like to be a little richer than where yours is at.