Thread: 4l60e wont shift to 3rd

Potential Tuner

4l60e wont shift to 3rd

Where do I go next? what am I missing?
    5.3, 4l60e, np241 transfer case with 8k vss

I put a junkyard motor and trans in a buggy I built. I had the trans rebuilt by a trusted builder(stock). No matter what i try i cant get this thing to shift to 3rd. When test driving the scanner shows it commanding 3rd gear but then has a shift time error of 6.1 seconds. is there anything else i can check before sending this transmission back to the builder? Here is a list of what I have tried and the outcomes. tune and log attached. Any input is greatly appreciated!

1. Remove tune and rewrite back to stock.
    2. Use bluecats software for gear and tire change( speed is reading correct in scanner)
    3. Used scanner while engine off to control both 1-2 and 2-3 solenoids ( you can here both click so i assume wiring is good)
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    in the log it shows shifting all the way to 4th.

may want to revisit shift settings using bluecat, seem quite high compared to log. be sure and do both part throttle and WOT , and WOT speeds should match 100 speeds in part throttle. i like to start low and work my way up. maybe start at a 3500 or 4500 rpm setting inn bluecat

also looks like some slippage in log ,not enough channels to confirm

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Erik Dicus View Post
    in the log it shows shifting all the way to 4th.

may want to revisit shift settings using bluecat, seem quite high compared to log. be sure and do both part throttle and WOT , and WOT speeds should match 100 speeds in part throttle. i like to start low and work my way up. maybe start at a 3500 or 4500 rpm setting inn bluecat

also looks like some slippage in log ,not enough channels to confirm
    Thanks for the help. i will try lowering shift tables low enough to confirm that it isnt a problem of the tables being to high. i will make sure the WOT tables match. i am out of time today so i will have to test drive in the morning, and report back.