Thread: Controller Unlocker: timed out HELP!!!!

Tuner in Training

Controller Unlocker: timed out HELP!!!!

was gonna compare a tune from the repository on here.. uploaded it into PCM fuel pump relay went crazy. tried to load original back in and get Controller Unlocker: timed out... did i just brick this PCM?? un did battery cable for a bit and still nothing..

Did you load a tune that wasn't yours into your computer?
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    yes, it was from the repository on here... is it bricked because the vins dont match?

The VIN doesn't exactly matter.

Thing can happen when you switch operating systems that don't jive with the computer or you perform the incorrect write to the computer.

The action you performed would require a write entire because you are writing something that isn't yours into your computer. The repository should only ever be used to compare files with, never write someone else's modded file into your computer. The VCM editor has a compare feature that lets you copy/paste any table you want into your calibration. It's just up to you to make sure the tables between the computers match and that they are like files. Meaning both are P01 or P59 computer files or whatever the case may be.

Sadly if the computer is bricked you are out the credits and will need to get another computer and spend more credits to get you going again.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    The VIN doesn't exactly matter.

Thing can happen when you switch operating systems that don't jive with the computer or you perform the incorrect write to the computer.

The action you performed would require a write entire because you are writing something that isn't yours into your computer. The repository should only ever be used to compare files with, never write someone else's modded file into your computer. The VCM editor has a compare feature that lets you copy/paste any table you want into your calibration. It's just up to you to make sure the tables between the computers match and that they are like files. Meaning both are P01 or P59 computer files or whatever the case may be.

Sadly if the computer is bricked you are out the credits and will need to get another computer and spend more credits to get you going again.
    so is there anyway to unbrick this?

Tuner in Training
    There's 1-2 guys who advertise being able to un-brick them, but i've never used the service. I came across them when google searching how to unbrick one I bricked (never found an answer). I decided it was easier to just get another PCM. The bricked one sits under my desk as a reminder of my own mortality.