Thread: New to LNF tuning.

Potential Tuner

Lightbulb New to LNF tuning.

I am new to trying to tune my LNF. It is in the process of a clutch change, and intercooler install, should be complete tomorrow. I have also installed the 3 bar map sensors. I was looking at ZZP's website and it states to change MAP sensor linear 65.89 and MAP sensor offset to -6.35. I am guessing this is KPA. It also states to change the Boost sensor linear and offset to the same values respectively. I can not find the Boost sensor setting. Also the previous owner had installed a Hanh intake, does there need to be any corrections to the MAF for this. It ran fine with it on and with the previous owners Superchips flashpaq tune, but I would rather have it running its best.

Thanks for the help, and I plan to be here for the long haul. I am currently digging through the Forum to find all the info I can.

I can only comment on the intake question. If the diameter of the intake or location of MAF sensor is different than stock intake I believe it can make a difference but there may even be a potential for improvement from a tune on a stock set up. For these reasons why not tweak the MAF tune to be unique to your car and intake, etc.

Tuner
    Read all this: https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...357-LNF-Guides

i think a lot of that info came from a guy cobaltssoverbooster, he is still around and answers questions once in a while. whenever you read anything about a "pill" or "wastegate pill" or anything like that ignore that, since then we HPTuners provided the wastegate controls needed we dont have to mess with restricting the boost reference.
    the MAP calibrations are under: Airflow >> MAP, like you already found.
    the pre-throttle boost calibrations are under: Airflow >> Supercharger >> Boost sensor, just a few tabs over.

those values are not in kPa; the sensor reports voltage between 0-5 to the ECM. The ECM converts that into kPa by applying a simple slope line y=mx+b back in high school? lol, remember all that. the "m" is boost linear of 65.89. The "b" is the boost offset of -6.35. they are coefficients that are really unitless as the ECM converts voltage to pressure.

since the intake was changed you should at least check to make sure the MAF calibration is right, it might be right, it might use a little help, no way of knowing without logging and checking fuel trims.

oh, and welcome to the forum.