Thread: Eforce LS3 Corvette with tune attached, need some help please

Potential Tuner

Eforce LS3 Corvette with tune attached, need some help please

Been years since I messed with tuning and could use some help here please. I'm a little rusty ....

Car is a 2012 C6 LS3 Corvette with Long tube headers, Eforce 599 kit, upgraded injectors and pump. I recently dropped from the 3.5 pulley to a 3.25 pulley. I will be going with the 3.0 pulley shortly so I want to give some buffer in the tune before it goes in. 3.0 pulley should put it at 10 PSI.

I am not getting any KR at this moment. Did some pretty hard pulls and saw zero.

I have attached my current tune I'm working with. It appears to be an Eforce Tune that was cleaned up a little by the installer supposedly. Only change I have made so far is on the high and low octane timing. I dropped them by 2 degrees for now.

1: Could someone look at the PE tables and give me some advice ? Seems rich to me. I would also like to make sure PE kicks in before 100% TPS. Seems like it would be best if it went in to PE when it hits any boost at all. The throttle HOT settings are 12-19. 19 from 2500 RPM up. EQ ratio is 1.334 up to 2500 RPM and 1.332 up to redline ......

2: could someone please take a look at TQ management ? Love to get advice in here as well.

Thank you !!

Dave
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by dllhg; 11-17-2019 at 02:08 AM.

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    its best to post a datalog of the runs
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Potential Tuner
    Here is one of my scans. 0-100 followed by a quick 60-90.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Potential Tuner
    Major issue seems to be pulling timing due to high IATs.

I just spent my entire Sunday reading about these blowers and ways to lower IATs. So the blowers are basically the same thing as the Heartbeat blower that runs 20-30 degrees cooler IATs. The reason is because of the IAT sensor placement , so In reality it doesn't run cooler......

Relocating that sensor would be a serious PITA unless its a new install. To me it would make sense to simply adjust the IAT / timing tables to compensate. It seems like it would be totally safe to raise the the temps it retards timing by 20-25 degrees.

Thoughts ?

For those that dont know my stock LS3 / Eforce W 3.25 pulley and headers is pulling crazy amounts of timing due to high IATs. I get 4-5 degrees advance on a run. Zero knock. Lots of power left on the table.

I do plan to increase Fan settings and possibly change the Stat to a 160. Meth doesn't appear to really lower IATs much at all. Would love to find a bigger Heat Excahnger with a fan. A faster responding sensor would be great as well. These seem to be incredibly slow making matters worse.

The Heartbeat has a different cooling brick design that has better cooling and faster recovery. 50/50 Meth/water cools the best and provides the best times at the dragstrip. 100% meth giver the highest hp numbers on the dyno. The IAT needs to stay where it is to read the actual air temp. You CAN reduce the amount of timing that the iat spark table pulls if you are still running the stock table. Make sure your afr numbers are safe or your top ring lands will punish you. A bigger exchanger or an ice water tank would work.
    To give you an idea, here is my iat spark chart. No knock. Max 18 degrees in high octane table. 14# boost, forged everything.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Lakegoat; 11-18-2019 at 02:32 PM.
    2000 Camaro SS 2015 L83 port injected, Whipple 3.0, 4L80E, 8.8 Ford
    2013 Silverado 5.3, 6L80k 8.8

In order to best help you there needs to be more PIDs logged. Manifold temp and many timing timing items as well as cylinder arimass. I have several cars running these. They are not the same as Magnuson in design. The core cartridge is because they all come from Eaton. That is where the similarity ends. It will always run hotter IATs than a TVS2300 maggie (25-30) and slightly hotter than a Heartbeat (about 10-15)

After you get better log data many here can help. The reason you see no knock is you have very little timing under boost.
    2012 ZL1 - Maggie Heartbeat, Port & Polish Heads, Custom Cam, Custom rotating assembly, steel sleeved LS9, No NOS and No water meth. 16psi
    810rwhp and 820rwtq 91 Octane 6400 rpm
    948rwhp and 951rwtq 105 Octane 6400 rpm
    999rwhp and 997rwtq on 60% Ethanol 6400 rpm