Thread: dodge jtec wont write tune on ecu

Potential Tuner

dodge jtec wont write tune on ecu

ive got an mpvi2 pro and using the latest vcm beta. the tune file is licensed. i can read the ecu as many times as i like and view live data. only problem im having is i cant write the tune file onto the ecu. error comes up saying it has timed out and failed. tried multiple times and havent made much progress. any help would be appreciated.

Tuner
    I just got my mpvi2 pro in the mail today and ran into this issue. I had to resync the interface and be connected to internet for it to work (no idea why). It seems the JTEC tuning is flaky.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Potential Tuner
    i submitted it to support and they got back to me. i had selected jtec while reading and modified it. i needed to read it as jtec+ for it to work correctly. simple fix. glad their support team is quick to respond.

Tuner in Training
    Once you pulled the tune, did you have access to turn off codes? I can read, write a tune but I don't have access to the codes to turn off the rear o2 sensor codes. Vehicle is a 2005 Dodge Ram srt 8.3L. I deleted them in the tune but the check engine light will eventually turn back on. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks

Potential Tuner
    i had went to the engine diagnostics and disabled them in the exhaust section. hopefully will be the same for you.

Potential Tuner
    Tried this on my 1998 Dakota RT. Giving me a protocol not detected.

How do I get to the spot to change it to jtec +

i have a jtec+ pcm that fails to write, any ideas?ive been hooked up to internet and i tried to resync the mpv2 and rewrite it but no luck,

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by [email protected] View Post
    i have a jtec+ pcm that fails to write, any ideas?ive been hooked up to internet and i tried to resync the mpv2 and rewrite it but no luck,

Write tech support. The jtec+ stuff is currently really flaky and not a mature system yet (I've been using HPTuners on GM stuff since it came out in 2003).

- I've got two XJ Cherokees (a 2000 and a 2001). I can write to one (the 2001) but not the (2000).
    - The scanner doesn't work on either of them.
    - They have started unlocking DTCs, but when a DTC is changed, the change doesn't stick.

I'm not complaining, just stating facts. I hope things will continue to improve over the next 6 months.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6