Thread: LMM Stock Tune

Potential Tuner

LMM Stock Tune

I have a 2009 Silverado 2500HD that I purchased in Feb 2019 from a local auto dealer. Last week I failed emissions and it turns out the truck is missing the CAT and DPF. As it turns out it has a full delete kit on it. I called the dealer and they showed me a passing emissions test in Jan 2019 and flat out accused me of removing the equipment (I didn't). Now I'm stuck dropping 2K+ to purchase the parts to put it back on, but I suspect the computer was programmed to ignore the missing components.

HPTuner support told me the software won't allow adjusting anything with DPF, so I'm wondering if a stock tune might be what I need. I see one in the repository, but is there anyway to validate it's truly stock?

Denny

P.S. The auto dealer was I-10 Premier Auto Dealer in Phoenix, Arizona. I strongly suggest avoiding them, they are clearly shady.

Potential Tuner
    Defintely not stock. Tell them to get you a renewal on your emissions testing. Most emissions off tuning has to turn off those components otherwise it would park the truck. Good luck,

Potential Tuner
    That place wants nothing to do with me after the hell I raised about them screwing me over like this.

Curious if anyone out there has a stock tune for a 2009 Silverado 2500HD LTZ they would be willing to post? I got a CAT and DPF with all the sensors, but I need to re-enable in the computer. I wonder if the truck would run without throwing DTC if I just installed the components and ran to emissions really fast, they're only 5 miles from me.

It's kind of ironic, the very thing the EPA is trying to prevent is also blocking people like me from accessing the settings to re-enable them to get compliant.

HP Tuners, if you are reading this, you should expose the settings, but only allow them to be enabled/edited if they are currently disabled.

Potential Tuner
    I've got a 10 GMC Sierra 2500 (LMM). Stock truck i can pull down the file for you. Now remember, it often is NOT recommended to use another ECU tune, but rather compare and update your current to match. Of course in this case you cannot do this due to lack of the function in HPT. I'll see if can get this pulled down tonight for you.