Thread: cam issues

Tuner in Training

cam issues

So I've been tuning Gm vehicles for about 10 years now and I've been doing Chrysler vehicles now for a year.

The issue I am having is after installing a xfi 273 and a hrt2 cam in two customer vehicles I'm getting complaints that neither cam lopes like they are supposed to, and I cant figure out why because after watching videos of others cars with the same cam they all lope. All the cars I have done have a perfect idle.

I have tried changing the proportional p/n table and it hasn't helped. To be honest no matter what I do it seems the only thing I can make it do is idle hunt.

some help would be appreciated.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Senior Tuner SultanHassanMasTuning's Avatar
    best to post a log
    Follow @MASTUNING visit www.mastuned.com
    Remote Tuning [email protected]
    Contact/Whatsapp +966555366161

Tuner in Training
    here is a log, though I'm going to go in and lower the minimum spark table to see if I'm fighting with the car
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I think lowering base idle has helped slightly, now I need to drive and make sure it doesn?t die when I come to a stop.

Tuner in Training
    Ok can I change my issue into the car idle drops to almost dying then bounces back up. The only cure is to reside minimal idle, but by doing that it gets rid of the lope.

Advanced Tuner
    lean out the idle a lot and bring the fuel back in to give it the characteristics you want. also lowering timing in these areas will help, after that your can change the proportional tables.
    6.4 Whipple Diamond pistons Manley rods, Demon Plus Cam

Tuner in Training
    Hey man thanks for the reply. I?m currently working on VE tuning right now and I?ll have to try out your suggestion. It?s double edged sword because everyone wants the lope while I?m also trying to make sure I don?t have low rpm bucking.

Potential Tuner
    IF YOU CHANGE THE P/N TABLE BUT YOUR MINIMUN BASE TABLE IS LOCK AT 20* THEY WILL NOT FLUKE THE TIMING POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE NUMBERS BEACAUSE YOU ARE LOCK AT 20*. PUT THE SAME NUMBER ON IDLE 512 RPM TO 928 RPM ON THE PART THROTTLE TABLE AND THE MINIMUN BASE SPARK

TRY -10* OR 0* AT YOUR IDLE AREA IN THE PART THROTTLE TABLE ON THE 512 RPM TO 928 RPM

THEN THE PROPORTIONAL P/N MULTIPLY BY 0.5 2 OR 3 TIMES AND MAKE TEST. MORE MULTIPLY MORE TIMING FLUKE (MORE LOPY SOUND)

THE LOG IT SUPOSE TO FLUKE POSITIVE AND NEGATIVE DEGREES IN SPARK AT IDLE

[email protected] I hope it help let me know

If you need someone to tune mopar for you shoot me a message. Demigodtuning on facebook.

You need to clean up the ve.. turn off the vct to make adjustments.

Why is the pe table zero'd out, is it because you tuned the ve... that seems very dangerous

Tuner in Training
    Pe is turned off because I was in the middle of tuning VE it gets turned back on afterwards

Tuner in Training
    Thank you for the reply, though it was fixed awhile ago already it was a very simple process in the end.

Tuner in Training
    The VE is perfect right now, car stays between -1 and -3

Excellent. Glad you got it going bud