Thread: toyota vdj79 tuning help

Potential Tuner

toyota vdj79 tuning help

goce lancrusier 2019 stock.hpt

hi guys just after a bit of advice on how to tune theese vehicles where is the main fueling map aswell as the boost map and any tips on how to tune them i am very familiar with gm and ford stuff but first time tuning one of theese any help much apriciated i have attached the tune file i will be tuning for reference

i have been messing around with lexus 2019 twin turbo i still havent figured out on how to tune a diesel but i have made a progress yesterday,

for fuel in the main injector tab there is a injector pulsewidth table i added 20% in the 55mm? area first it was good for stock boost 18psi then i had to get it to 35% total for 23.5psi, its way too rich when shifting that is backfire from 1st to 2nd shift,
    for boost its base duty cycle egr off and on,i increased duty cycle max egr on and off to match the base duty cycle table, i did change desired boost base egr on and off to 25psi it didnt have any effect but i think it did help to keep the boost on higher rpm not 100%
    increased map limit a max to 320kpa and boost limit a and b to 25psi there was no effect too,
    i did change the fuel pressure for main only from 129 to 155 and maximum pressure limit from 129 to 155 but i see with your tune you are already at 175 not sure if there is any gain if you increase it your maximum which is 196.5 or even more
    i couldnt get the timing to increase there was one pull which the timing went higher not sure if its because of what i did or not

if anyone is familiar with tuning diesel i would appreciate the help

Quote Originally Posted by QTR FMS View Post
    i have been messing around with lexus 2019 twin turbo i still havent figured out on how to tune a diesel but i have made a progress yesterday,

for fuel in the main injector tab there is a injector pulsewidth table i added 20% in the 55mm? area first it was good for stock boost 18psi then i had to get it to 35% total for 23.5psi, its way too rich when shifting that is backfire from 1st to 2nd shift,
    for boost its base duty cycle egr off and on,i increased duty cycle max egr on and off to match the base duty cycle table, i did change desired boost base egr on and off to 25psi it didnt have any effect but i think it did help to keep the boost on higher rpm not 100%
    increased map limit a max to 320kpa and boost limit a and b to 25psi there was no effect too,
    i did change the fuel pressure for main only from 129 to 155 and maximum pressure limit from 129 to 155 but i see with your tune you are already at 175 not sure if there is any gain if you increase it your maximum which is 196.5 or even more
    i couldnt get the timing to increase there was one pull which the timing went higher not sure if its because of what i did or not

if anyone is familiar with tuning diesel i would appreciate the help
    optimum torque under torque model affect transmission shifting pressure,
    max soi main only affect the wot injector timing, subtracting value adds timing
    the maximum boost was 25psi today on the twin turbo engine

Potential Tuner
    thanks qtr really appriciate it i will give it a shot.

please anyone out there with some more info can really use the help?