Thread: Jeep VIN in GM ECU?

Tuner

Jeep VIN in GM ECU?

I'm working towards an LS1 swap into a 2001 Jeep XJ Cherokee. I'm not keeping the Jeep ECU and since I have to go through an OBD2 emissions scan, I'd like to have the GM ECU contain the Jeep VIN so it matches (less questions = less hassles). I'm aware the HPTuners can change the vin, but how/would it work in my case? I do have a license for the Cherokee "VIN" (I've used HPTuners on it) and would have the license for the LS1 ECU I'm using, but Jeep VIN/GM OS?

Thanks,
    Chris
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

HPT itself can't put a jeep VIN in a GM computer, it would never match the operating system and give an error.

I sorta recall that there may be a way with some other software but don't quote me on that.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 5FDP View Post
    HPT itself can't put a jeep VIN in a GM computer, it would never match the operating system and give an error.

I sorta recall that there may be a way with some other software but don't quote me on that.
    I know EFILive can do it, just not excited to buy a $600 program to only change a VIN.
    2004 C5 Coupe - MM6

Find someone with it that is more local to you would be the best option then.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Advanced Tuner
    Keep in mind once the VIN is changed you will probably not be able to edit the program anymore with HPTuners. Something about not being a valid combination...

Senior Tuner
    Send me a pm. I can tell you how to do it for ~$100 that you can probably get back afterwards.

Advanced Tuner
    LS Droid app and a OBDLink device can probably do it.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning