Thread: 6L80E desired shift time

Potential Tuner

6L80E desired shift time

Hi all,
    im sorry if this has been asked before but I am new to forums and new to HP tuners. I was wondering why on my wife's 2007 Yukon Denali with the 6L80E I can see desired shift time but on my 2010 Sierra 6.2L with the 6L80E I can not, any ideas as to why? Once again new to forums and having a hared time finding the information I am looking for. I have attached a copy of her Diablo tune and love the way it shifts and my tune that I hate the way it shifts. I did try the diablo tune in mine and was completely un happy with it hence the HP tuners purchase. Any help would be great.

Thanks,
    Attached Files Attached Files

Different operating systems and just overall changes with time. They improved the calibrations over the years and removed certain tables on certain vehicles.

Your 2010 calibration no longer uses that desired shift time and instead uses the Shift timing > Upshift Torque adder Normal tables to determine a shift time. (for the most part)

The 2007 calibration does use the Torque adder tables but as you can see it only uses it at light throttle. And the shift time at high torque values and rpm is 0.000 meaning it's using the .2002 seconds in the desired shift time table.

I don't really suggest going much faster than .2500 to .3000 for the shift time itself. If your torque adder tables are factory, they are already pretty fast for full throttle. I do most of my changes with shift pressure and on-coming pressure presets. I up the shift pressure some but not too much to cause slamming into gear and same with the pressure presets. There are likely a few threads floating around with my name in it about tuning them.

Here is a my old 2012 Silverado 5.3/6L80e file if you want to reference some information from it. There will be some differences in other tables because there are different engines and years but the majority of the things are the same. If you do more reading, I've also talked about resetting the transmission presets whenever you make pressure changes as the computer needs to relearn things.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    Thank yo for the extremely fast response to my question. I will have a look at your old file and start the trial and error with mine

Potential Tuner
    You would happen to still have that shift file would you? Thanks

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Glassmaster87 View Post
    You would happen to still have that shift file would you? Thanks
    Need to be a little more specific who your addressing.