Thread: E78 Turbo Cold weather tuning

Tuner in Training

E78 Turbo Cold weather tuning

Hey dudes. It?s now full on winter here in the Midwest. It?s my first time trying to tune for cold weather. I have a 20psi stable tune for my 15 Sonic RS. It ran great in the summer time. AFRs were right where I commanded them to be, 12.3-12.8. But that was when it was 50+ degrees outside. Now that it?s below that, they?re a bit lean. Obviously it gets worse as it gets colder. It?s actually un-drivable with my tune on below 40 degrees. I?ve been running around on the stock tune now. But I?d like to figure it out. I tried to mess with the ?Flow Rate VS IAT? table by simply multiplying the below 60 degrees values by 1.1, but that didn?t work at all. It made the car idle stupid, like it was only running on 2 cylinders. So of course I backed the flow rates down to x1.05 over stock. That remedied the idle issue, but is nowhere near enough fuel for 20psi. Now, before anybody asks, yes I am logging my fuel pressure and injector duty cycle. They?re perfectly fine. Less than 60% duty easily. Mostly less than 50 but there?s occasional spikes of course. What tables should I be messing with for cold weather? I?m sure I?ve just missed something obvious as hell and I?m gonna look like an idiot just like last time I made a post lol. Anyway thanks in advance for your help

is your air cleaner open to the outside air? Maybe if you just pulled air from inside the engine compartment? Just my opinion.

Tuner in Training
    I figured it out. I was overlooking something. Wish I could just delete this whole thread lol. It?s irrelevant now

Tuner
    Explain How you fixed it here so that others can learn as well.