Thread: I think I am fuel limited? Or is there something I am missing???

Potential Tuner

I think I am fuel limited? Or is there something I am missing???

I have a pretty built ls2:

cam (Can't find specs on it - had it from original owner)
    MSD airforce intake
    AR Long Tube Headers
    corsa exhaust.
    Stage 4 porting heads
    stroker crank
    225 psi compression
    Dyno tune in Colorado showed 508 RWHP

I am in AZ now - I have taken a ton of timing out of the tune because I was getting massive knock and retard.

It looks like my injector duty is about 93 to 95% at full throttle. this was a 3rd gear pull. My Innovate AFR seems to be on the fritz as well which sucks.

I am enjoying learning, but could use some help determining if I am on the right track

Enclosed is my latest tune and log. If anyone would please take a quick look and let me know if I am going the right way with my tune or if I am totally out to lunch, I would sincerely appreciate.

Eric10-27-idle-3-1_current.hpt11-18-3rd-pull_2.hpl

If that air fuel ratio is right, that's really fat for a NA engine to be at. 10.9-11.0 is more fuel than you should have to use. I don't see why you can't start off at 12.0 commanded and work it from there. That would give you way more injector headroom.

The rich fueling could be showing some knock but I honestly wouldn't even bat an eye if you saw around 1 degree. Having the timing tables mirror each other isn't good either, it can be helpful when trying to pick your timing but when you are done it should have the low octane timing backed off several degrees.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

Potential Tuner
    I think AFR is not recording correctly. When I had the original tune in it, it was showing 7 degree timing retard - which was crazy. I am tuning to pump gas and will have it tuned for E later after I get it right so I wanted to make sure both tables are the same for the time being. I am going to get another AFR soon. I am really surprised that I need to reduce so much timing at Full throttle at high RPM compared to the original tune that was done in Colorado. I am in AZ now so it is a drop of about 3k in elevation.

Potential Tuner
    besides AFR, is there anything I can collect to help with this tune??? Appreciate any feedback.