Thread: 2009 Ram 1500 Electric Fan Swap settings help!!!!

Potential Tuner

2009 Ram 1500 Electric Fan Swap settings help!!!!

I have a 2009 Ram 1500 5.7 Laramie 4X4
    I swapped out the clutch fan for the e-fan. I need help with the settings. Currently the fan comes on when I start the truck and run the whole time it's on. I tried different settings I saw in fourm posts... None worked. I want it to work with factory settings. I tried using the settings in the picture.
    Also I don't know what the correct setting is for the Hardware... Fan Type and Fans PCM Controlled
    2015.JPG

Advanced Tuner
    was this a factory swap part??? Or is it aftermarket?? The only way to control the fan with the pcm is if its supported by the pcm and connected correctly. If this is a aftermarket setup most likely the fan controller is powered to come on with 12v signal and you would need a switch installed to tell it when to come on\off. We need more information to help. Parts how its connected and how you wired it.

Potential Tuner
    It's a stock fan from a V6 Ram 1500. Bolts up and plugs into the existing fan connector.

Advanced Tuner
    My best guess would be finding the wiring schematic for both vehicles and make sure that's correct. I dont see simple swapping a clutch fan out for e fan would work. Also sounds like you only getting a signal for it to come on with key start. I'm gonna say your missing something for the pcm to "see" that it has the fan connected. Take all this for what it's worth I'm not a expert just trying to help.

Potential Tuner
    Thanks, actually I have the shop manual. I'll look into it.

Potential Tuner
    I verified the wiring and everything is correct. This has to be a issue with the settings in the computer. Can anyone help me with the correct settings?

Advanced Tuner
    The settings look to be right. This is all controlled by ect sensor. you might try changing the #s to the extreme opposite just to see if that gets you anywhere.

Advanced Tuner
    Get anywhere??? just curious.