I have a 5.3 that runs fairly decent for the most part. I've followed the Russ K method to log the base running airflow. I have something weird going on that I can not figure out. When I log using the Russ K method, I disable my LTFT, Zero out the adaptive idle settings, basically follow the thread "Idle Tuning How-To & Guide". I start the motor when it's stone cold and as the engine gets warm I get all the cells to populate. Once the engine is warm I shut it down and copy and paste the new Base Running Airflow numbers into the correct table and reload the tune.
My question is why after I load up the tune with updated base airflow numbers does my desired airflow drop so much after starting up the truck? For example, when the engine is warm the desired airflow will be around 14 g/s in the cell. After I shut off the truck and load the new valves from the Russ K method, I turn the truck back on and now the desired airflow has dropped to about 7.5 g/s for a warm engine. I get a start-up flare with the 14 g/s but if I go back and change the base running airflow to the new desired 7.5 g/s the truck starts up great with no flare. Why would the base airflow number change so much? What am I doing wrong? Thanks