Thread: Weird spark advance on deceleration

Tuner in Training

Weird spark advance on deceleration

Hello all,

I'm currently tuning DFCO entry (and a few other things) after new exhaust, headers, and a ported intake manifold. I have my WOT and part throttle tune pretty much dialed in; I'm now trying to get DFCO working the way I want it. I want some good burbles, pops, and maybe some flames when the throttle closes after WOT, but I want to get into DFCO after a couple seconds of all that.

Car setup is:

2013 Corvette C6 A6
    custom cam, ported heads
    BER ported intake manifold
    Alky progressive methanol injection
    AFE/Pfadt 1-7/8" tri-y headers
    AFE/Pfadt catless x-pipe
    Holley/Hooker Blackheart Dual-Mode axle-back
    Halltech MF103 CAI with nomex wrap
    Pro-Torque 3200+ stall converter with 3-disc carbon clutch

Prior to the intake manifold and methanol, the car made right at 500 WHP on a superflow loaded dyno (that was also with 1-3/4" Pfadt headers and cats in the x-pipe).. should be making a bit more now but won't know for a few weeks.

Capture.PNG

Shown here is the issue I'm fighting - just after I lift off, my timing spikes very high. This moment, to me, seems like my best chance of getting flames, if I could get my timing to go/remain low here. I've searched through the tune and just cannot seem to find anything to change this behavior. The actual entry/exit of DFCO seems to be working the way I want it, but this issue seems separate from that.

I've attached the full log and the tune that was loaded when the log was done.

11-19-19-02.hpl

NJE TS 012.hpt

Thanks in advance! I also welcome any other feedback!

Tuner in Training
    Bump