Thread: OLSD tuning transmission shift

OLSD tuning transmission shift

When I fail the MAF to tune my VVE tables the trans seems to shift harder and firmer. Is this normal or is it in my head? I gotta pretty good trans tune in it but just seems firmer when I'm OLSD. Thanks.

Advanced Tuner
    When you fail the MAF the ECM will max the line pressure. There is a ?patch? that keeps from raising the trans pressures. Select OS and apply the patch.

Thanks for the reply. I was thinking that was the problem. Im not sure what you mean by select OS and apply patch. Sorry, Im very green here.

Advanced Tuner
    Check in the Transmission Diagnostics section. There should be a something in there about max line pressure during faults. Can't remember name exactly, but look for something along those lines.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

I was reading about patches, which got me on a different subject. The other day tuning WOT in SD at like 4000 rpms it had an issue. During WOT it cut fuel, airmass went to 0 and spark shot way up. After that glitch I called it a day and have been researching ever since. Currently my speed density air mode patch and TCS patch are not applied. Should I apply these??? I would like to run full SD someday. ALso, Im not sure how to apply these. Is there a procedure or just click applied and go?? Thanks peeps

Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    Check in the Transmission Diagnostics section. There should be a something in there about max line pressure during faults. Can't remember name exactly, but look for something along those lines.
    Yeah, under invalid torque signal is has max pressure enabled. Im assuming that's what you were referring too.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Srblacks13 View Post
    Is there a procedure or just click applied and go??
    Click apply then write entire. I believe it says that in the description if you hover over the switch.

Quote Originally Posted by Srblacks13 View Post
    Yeah, under invalid torque signal is has max pressure enabled. Im assuming that's what you were referring too.
    Disabling the max pressure enables like that should fix you up while in SD. Some seem to do it, others don't seem to go to max.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning