Thread: 2012 mustang GT vortech V3 id1000s boss mani circole d 3600 stall rough accel

2012 mustang GT vortech V3 id1000s boss mani circole d 3600 stall rough accel

Hi Folks,

Setup my first pure e85 tune and the car drives ok but has some rpm dips on decel and the acceleration is a bit rough could i get some pro eyes on my tune and get some critique/tips. Car is a 2012 mustang gt with a vortech v3 tial blow off team beefcake racing torque booster with 3.33 pulley with wastegate set at 10 psi ID1000s boss manifold jlt intake for v3 kooks longtubes kooks catless x pipe borla exhaust circle D 3600 stall converter bank 1 and 2 AEM ODB2 widebands which are logged in my channels although both have same name for some reason
    /

19-11-19 18-17-58.hpl Log E-85 only v 3 1.00 Trans Changes maf corrections 2 throttle angle changes.hpt Tune

Thanks a ton in advance!

So updated quite a bit and smoothed out the idle and accel, after reviewing my newest logs though it looks like the engine indicated torque is way off from where it should be anyone have any ideas? My log file was too big but there is a trend when this occurs i am also seeing large throttle angle errors, if that is the case what would be the best way to tackle it? I am new to this so a bit of guidance would be awesome! Here is one log file that shows the symptoms a little, wish my other one was just a tad shorter and the tune file of course.

Thanks!

E-85 only v 3 1.00 Trans Changes maf corrections 6 shift points driver demand smoothing.hpt19-11-22 16-40-37.hpl

Advanced Tuner
    Torque and Inverse tables need adjusted and your Speed Density tab. These are probably the main cause of you issue.

Got ya I’ll start looking over the logs and see what’s up. Haven’t messed around with the SD tables much so need to research that and see what the procedure is. Thanks for taking a look was starting to think I was on my own ��

Soooo any alternatives to tuning sd with a map sensor? I have an AEM digital boost gauge with a map sensor however I don’t have a pro model device. Can you upgrade them to pro?

Quote Originally Posted by Kaleph View Post
    Soooo any alternatives to tuning sd with a map sensor? I have an AEM digital boost gauge with a map sensor however I don’t have a pro model device. Can you upgrade them to pro?
    Use A/C sensor as in input, or IMRC position sensors if you have those removed.

Ahhh good call cause They’re both just voltage an non essential! Thanks for an awesome tip!

I’m assuming just log the voltage range and apply it to a graph to represent boost.

Advanced Tuner
    if you're trying to dial in the speed density, using an external MAP isn't going to help you.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...ity-Calculator
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

I’m assuming just log the voltage range and apply it to a graph to represent boost.
    You need a transfer function for your MAP sensor. If you are doing it for a first time make sure you grab a sensor that comes with data - just like with injectors you can guesstimate a lot but...

You can grab AEM 30 PSI(or more depending on your boost level) sensor they come with transfer function and they are linear. I use 5 USD rice racer copies:

https://www.aemelectronics.com/produ...p-psia-sensors

Thankfully this unit does have the data sheet!

Charcoal that sticky is where I got the info that I WOULD need an installed MAP sensor quoting it “ For example, if we're on a MAF Equipped Coyote, and we hit steady state, we may notice the load in our table is off from what we actually have measured via our installed MAP sensor and actual load.”. Is this wrong?
    Last edited by Kaleph; 12-05-2019 at 10:55 AM. Reason: Quote correction

My other question would be since the bottom end is stock would spinning it up to 7500 rpm to utilize the boss manifold be wise or am I looking at problems... right now I’m working on driveability which a circle d high stall seems to make more challenging but I do intend on tuning for power shortly.

Advanced Tuner
    Charcoal that sticky is where I got the info that I WOULD need an installed MAP sensor Is this wrong?
    Just not connecting the dots correctly. I had to read it a few times to get it as well. The PCM is inferring a MAP. What you're doing is adjusting the values in the calculator based on actual load (at least how I interpret it). For example in mapped point 9 at 4000 rpm and 13 psi of manifold pressure, the calculated load from the MAF is .800, and the SD table says is .650. You would update the SD table in the calculator for that mapped point from .650 to .800. You're trying to get the sanity check value in line with whats going on, its the same concept as fixing the old "Load with failed maf" table from 2V and 3V ford stuff.

This is my understanding, and it may not be 100% accurate, but I have followed multiple threads where that is the approach that was taken and it corrected the issues. The MAF is your airflow model and you're updating the loads in the SD part of the calibration to match. If it was an SD only vehicle (MAP instead of having a MAF) you would be applying AFR err or fuel trims to the SD calc tables to adjust fueling.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Thankfully this unit does have the data sheet!
    It has right on the graph pic.

https://www.aemelectronics.com/files...sor%20Data.pdf

Ok cool great explanation and gives me a road map for getting things dialed in. Would it be better to lock it in one mp at a time to keep any blending out of the equation?

Veeefour yep was just confirming it did indeed have data thank you both for the great info!