Thread: e78 ecm injector drivers

e78 ecm injector drivers

Does anyone know how many drivers there are in the e78 ecm for the 2012 cruze 1.4. I have been trying to figure out the pulse problem on this ecm. I was told after we put a scanner on it (besides the mpvl2) that it may be possible that the drivers or just driver, that the very low impulse from the driver could be that it is flaking out. all it creates is a pulse of 12 to 15% and then drops right off to 00's, all it shows on the scope is a flat line. The ecm is stock never touched.
    Has anyone ever heard of this before and maybe some kind of fix? The vats have been deleted and tcs is applied also I deleted starter relay from someones direction on here.

Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by carotene View Post
    Does anyone know how many drivers there are in the e78 ecm for the 2012 cruze 1.4. I have been trying to figure out the pulse problem on this ecm. I was told after we put a scanner on it (besides the mpvl2) that it may be possible that the drivers or just driver, that the very low impulse from the driver could be that it is flaking out. all it creates is a pulse of 12 to 15% and then drops right off to 00's, all it shows on the scope is a flat line. The ecm is stock never touched.
    Has anyone ever heard of this before and maybe some kind of fix? The vats have been deleted and tcs is applied also I deleted starter relay from someones direction on here.
    You may be over thinking it. Is there any way to just get ahold of another ECU and see if that works? Have you checked the wiring? Pins on the ECM and at the connectors? Voltage on the connectors to make sure they are firing properly and within spec? Is the fuel pump crapping out (I had heard somewhere that if the fuel pressure is low or there is an issue with the fuel pump control module that the injectors would flat out not fire, but I cannot validate that).