Thread: SRT8 Jeep Extreme Automatics NAG1/A580 Neutral Hunting/ Coming out of gear

Tuner in Training

SRT8 Jeep Extreme Automatics NAG1/A580 Neutral Hunting/ Coming out of gear

Howdy Everyone,
    I have an Extreme Automatics Built A580/NAG1/722.6 (whatever you want to call it) and i'm about out of ideas here.

2013 SRT8 Jeep
    Built 6.4
    RIPP Supercharger
    Extreme Automatics Built A580
    3800 RPM Stall
    670whp 640wtq Dynojet

I have tuned another truck at much less power with the same exact transmission and have not experienced these issues.

Basically, after doing a WOT pull (Call it a 2nd to 3rd pull) and letting off the throttle, the truck will go into neutral, and throttle will be dampened significantly, almost like a limp mode. Once you get below about 20mph the transmission will find a gear and continue driving. It will throw code P0733, described as Gear 3 Incorrect Ratio.
    The transmission was sent into EA and Lonnie (who is a fantastic guy BTW) went over everything. We couldn't find anything wrong with it. Aide from this issue the transmission shifts fine.

What I've tried with NO change:
    Running the stock TCM file
    Running my Cal file from the working truck
    Performing a dealer update on the TCM to address anything background that we cannot see on HPT
    Raised allowable shift times in the Cal
    Playing with all torque limits in the Cal
    Disabling the P0733 code
    Manually shifting the truck on both Cal files
    Cleaning valve body solenoids
    Adding and removing TQ Management

I'm looking for someone who experienced this. Lonnie at EA said they've seen it once, but that it would not occur in manual mode, which is not my experience.

hi,
    You have an incorrect gear ratio set in your tcm.
    You should change gear/tire ratio with vcm scanner. Open vcm scanner and click on the green special button. You should see transmission tab, in these tab you can change gear/tire ratio.

sorry if my English is bad, I'm french...lolvcm scanner.png

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by arbracam26 View Post
    hi,
    You have an incorrect gear ratio set in your tcm.
    You should change gear/tire ratio with vcm scanner. Open vcm scanner and click on the green special button. You should see transmission tab, in these tab you can change gear/tire ratio.

sorry if my English is bad, I'm french...lolvcm scanner.png
    This transmission uses the same gears as the stock transmission. Not sure why that would need to be changed unless the slipping converter is coming into play.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by Kallibrated View Post
    This transmission uses the same gears as the stock transmission. Not sure why that would need to be changed unless the slipping converter is coming into play.
    Have you figured out this issue? I?m having the same exact thing.

Post up a copy of your tune