Thread: 2015 Mustang GT A6 Paxton going into Best Fuel Economy instead of OP at WOT

2015 Mustang GT A6 Paxton going into Best Fuel Economy instead of OP at WOT

2015 Mustang GT A6

Paxton Novi 2200 supercharger kit
    FIC 1000cc Injectors
    JMS Boost A Pump
    E85

Hello,
    This Vehicle came in because it was previously tuned by someone else, running very rough and wondering if I should just start from scratch with this one.

I was able to get it running decent and it made 570 rwhp 480 ftlbs at 8psi on my DYNOmite Dynanometer standard correction, but it is not going into Optimum power, but instead best fuel economy.

I haven't faced this issue before, even with Twin Turbo Setups. The customer took the car home and will return next week.

Here is the tune and the logs. A point in the correct direction will be helpful and greatly appreciated.

2015 Mustang GT Paxton not going into optimum power.hpl
    Justin 2015 Mustang gt paxton supercharger e85 fic1000.hpt

You were not pushing the pedal all the way in - it has some hysteresis and keeping it gently around 70% might cause OP to disable.

Tuner
    driver demand tables seem low

Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    You were not pushing the pedal all the way in - it has some hysteresis and keeping it gently around 70% might cause OP to disable.
    I went into Airflow>Variable Camshaft>Optimum Power>Enable Pedal Position and Enable % Load

I went though and scaled these two tables and it stayed in Optimum Power throughout the power band. Car made 673.5 RWHP on my DYNOmite Dynamometer.

Quote Originally Posted by 18f1505.0roush View Post
    driver demand tables seem low
    I am working on torque tables and driver demand to improve driveability and reduce IPC Wheel torque error and part throttle oscillation going down the road. That was a big factor in many issues I was having dialing this vehicle in.

Thank You very much for your inputs. We've added kook long tube headers, 2018 Manifold and Walbro 465 Fuel pump. Removed the boost a pump. Vehicle runs much better now.

Screenshot (5).png

Justin 2015 Mustang gt paxton supercharger e85 fic1000 2018 manifold kooks headers 3.hpt
    Last edited by Robert00MustangTurbo; 11-29-2019 at 06:58 PM.