Thread: Anyone have Injector data for Bosch 0280158829 210lb/hr?

Tuner in Training

Anyone have Injector data for Bosch 0280158829 210lb/hr?

Im trying to get my idle air fuel ratio leaned out on a turbo 5.3 running E85. I have managed to get a decent idle speed and it starts and runs but is really rich at Idle. This is a no O2 sensor, SD only, open loop tune. I have widebands for both sides of engine. I have tried ID2000 and FIC2150 data but cant seem to get the AFR above .7 lambda at idle. I have the upper RPM tuned to .79 Lambda (1.225 in BE). I have throttle position % set to a higher then normal setting for PE (1.13) so it is not enriching at idle. I have tried going from normal injector pulsewidth and offset values down to .1ms. The car runs great for what it is, a stock LM7 with a cam change and 12 PSI boost from a China GT45 turbo, but the richness at idle is bothering me. using 240lb/hr injector flow at 58psi base.

LM7 5.3L stock bottom end.
    Stock 862 Heads.
    LS9 head gaskets
    BTR Turbo cam and springs.
    Single Walbro 450 LPH, 58PSI base.
    E85 that tests right now at E70. (10.7 Stoich setting)
    2900 lbs with driver ran a 9.69 @143MPH

Thanks in advance, any help is appreciated.

Those are CNG injectors, even the not-fake ones are going to give you endless problems.

Tuner in Training
    Lots of people run the Bosch 210s on gas and e85. I'm at a loss though.

Transient minimum fuel mass (going by memory for name) still stock?

Tuner
    I can't help with your problem but I was wondering if you could post your tune I am fighting Bosch 210s my self thanks

Senior Tuner
    only way i got those injectors to run was on 43.5psi but as whats been said u will get issues with them they are not designed for liquid fuel, if u use them every day u may be ok but soon as they sit for any time can screw up as they are not stainless internals, mine after a couple years just started to get stuck full open so it wasnt good, i gave up and got proper ethanol 1000cc and all problems fixed and working as they should, i do have bosch data for them but i also found the ID data worked fine so if they arnt working on that then there are other settings need changing or lower your fuel pressure to give it a chance

Quote Originally Posted by SSUte01 View Post
    Transient minimum fuel mass (going by memory for name) still stock?
    Transient Fuel Min Mg

-came to ask the same ;-)
    Steve Williams
    TunedbyFrost.com

Tuner in Training
    Thanks guys, let me give you an update. I made an injector test rig using my actual fuel pump in car and the fuel rail mounted regulator lowered to 50lbs. I flowed 4 injectors at a time for 3 minutes simulating 5500 RPM. I dont know the exact flow rate but I could compare my injectors. I measured the following: 3 injectors flowed 174-178cc, 1 injector flowed 203cc, 2 injectors flowed 190cc, 2 injectors flowed 160cc. I put the 178's and one 190 on the drivers side and the 203, 190, and two 160 on the passengers side. I used the wideband and tuned the VE for the Drivers side to 9.5-9.77 (E85) and let the Passengers side just be whatever it was going to be. I took it to the track and ran a new best of 9.37. the drivers side is basically fine, but now I need to get some new injectors for the Passengers side, may buy all 8 new injectors. I also ran out of fuel pump above 6500 rpm (single walbro 450LPH). what should transient fuel min Mg be set to for these Injectors? Never played with that setting.

Thanks,
    Greg

Advanced Tuner
    Set min milligrams to .002 and never worry about it again.

In theory you can lower is by the inverse percentage the injectors are larger over stock. Example if injectors are twice as big as stock you would cut in half. Or you can set it low. I've moved them around a bunch on various applications and haven't seen an ill-effect of going lower than needed.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    bosch210_e85_45psi_scaled_50percent.hpt

this is my tune. Its using the bosch 210's with 45lbs fuel pressure and is scaled 50%. I have a pure methanol injection starting at 2psi of boost. I have a 5000 Stall in a race car so there are quite a few cells I have never hit, and just interpolated values for them. be careful and test it out before you go WOT.