Thread: Some LNF love here

Tuner in Training

Thumbs up Some LNF love here

Good afternoon,

New to LNF Platform, i currently tune dodge and LS/LT V8s. My first factory turbo charged car.

I want to post some data logs and the tune to get som opinions on where i am going with it.

2010 Cobalt SS
    Mods -

91 pump
    NGK LTR6IX @ 30 gap
    Seeing peak 24 going to 18lbs
    ZZP Intercooler and piping
    ZZP catback
    Stock intake - Picking up ZZP intake tube tongith 11/23/19
    Stock Downpipe

I mainly want to move to e47 on stock clutch with reducing the torque a good amount so stock clutch can survie
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner
    from the log:

* during the WOT your STFT is -14%, seems to me like you have to tune the MAF a little better?
    * even at partial load STFT is -13%, seems to point towards it needing a MAF retune again.
    * you seem to be located at a little bit of altitude with a baro of 85kpa. you are maxing out the turbo to max duty cycle trying to compensate for the altitude, you are over spinning the turbo, I wouldn't expect the turbo to last 100k miles in those conditions

from tune:
    * i would run it a little richer than lambda of 0.88, but that's more of a personal preference . at 0.88 that's not even rich enough for best torque, not to mention runnning for part protection.
    * if the car still has the catalytic converter i wouldn't turn off the cat over temp protection, you will melt the cat. even if you dont have a cat, you still need fuel to protect the exhaust valves and turbine wheel.

That's just my opinion, feel free to disregard anything i say.

Tuner in Training
    I appreciate any feedback, I am not use to fuel trims when WOT. I have been working on both that and the part throttle. I had .88 seeing ppl say the direct injection likes to run towards 12.8-13 area, I don?t mind ruching it up a little.

It does appear to have the stock cat, well at least the stock pipe is there. Other issue the car has been tuned previous and I am working through it. I will post my up to date one as I have changed a few things since this post.

FYI I am use to running all the FI cars around 11.5-11.8 depending on setup. Not sure what lamda this like for parts survival and power.

Tuner in Training
    Also I am at 5k feet above sea level with average DA of 7200

Advanced Tuner
    DAL table is set way too aggressively and quite unnecessarily. MALT needs some smoothing. You really don't need to ramp in your PE table like so.

If the car still has the factory cat, it's not a bad idea to modify the stock CAT overtemp table to match your PE table or slightly richer, IE - If you're planning to run .88 lambda, the lowest you would want the overtemp table is .86 lambda, so that it's not just dumping fuel.

Just a friendly tip - The K04 doesn't like to be pushed hard early on. If you can manage to get the turbo to peak later into the RPM range and maintain a targeted pressure, rather than peak and fall, it will make for a much happier turbo and power band. Your clutch and transmission will thank you too.
    Last edited by T-Man; 12-01-2019 at 12:57 PM.
    09 RY Cobalt SS Coupe - 19K miles - Bolt ons + 7163 ZFR, HP tuned on ethanol

Sold - 09 SRTC Cobalt SS Sedan
    Totaled - 09 VR Cobalt SS Sedan
    Sold - 09 RY Cobalt SS Sedan

Tuner in Training
    Yes thank you. I have changed all those tables already, I found the LNF guides and watched the control boost video. So all that is set to what cobalt overbooster uses. Boost feels a lot better.

I exactly want less on the hit as I don?t need all that coming in and ramp from less to more.

I have been working on it. Right now I am peaking 20psi on the hit and running that out the best it can to redline.

Senior Tuner cobaltssoverbooster's Avatar
    thats pretty safe. 20-22 psi is about the limit if you want a ko4 to be "durable". 24 spike and holding it as long as possible is max power and it will then be considered "consumable".
    2000 Ford Mustang - Top Sportsman

Tuner in Training
    here is the mosrt recent tune and data log.
    Attached Files Attached Files

Tuner in Training
    I still need to maf tune quite a bit more