Thread: Wideband Options Moving Into 2020?

Potential Tuner

Wideband Options Moving Into 2020?

These last few years have been rough, but I?m finally at a point in my recovery where I can work a little at a time in the garage. After the holidays I?m planning on getting a new wideband setup and am looking for recommendations. Specifically, with it pushing me into very late 2019/early 2020, what should I look for in the current or soon to be offered options (i.e. brands/models to look at or avoid, must-have capabilities, nice-to-have capabilities worth considering, gimmicks to stay clear of, etc)

I have the MPVI2 w/Pro Features and will be using the wideband on a 2014 Chrysler 200 Limited 3.6L Pentastar V6. I?m planning on welding in a bung and permanently installing the setup unless there?s a reason this should be avoided...?

Advanced Tuner
    Ballenger Motorsports is working on an upgraded version of their AFR500v2. Personally I use an ECM AFX2 with an NTK sensor, which is basically the same thing as the current AFR500v2. Lots of people use and love AEM, but have tuning many many vehicles that had an AEM in it already, the majority of them never matched my calibrated NTK sensors, so I really don't trust them much.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Performance Tuning in the Texas Panhandle

Advanced Tuner
    I would not expect a Bosch based wideband to match an NTK based unit, unless the NTK unit had an exhaust back-pressure compensation sensor. The NTK sensors are more than 4X more sensitive to back-pressure error than the Bosch versions. I've seen this in direct A/B testing on the same rig.

Potential Tuner
    I also like to work in garage with my car. I want to start own project like uber but do not know how to do it. I think such app like uber will be a bit expensive. Uber became a game-changer showing how to save money even though you have no personal vehicle. Here I got some interesting information https://spdload.com/blog/cost-of-uber-like-app/
    Last edited by darui; 1 Week Ago at 06:07 AM.