Thread: don't know what changed

Advanced Tuner

don't know what changed

I don't know what changed, I saved a log in scanner which is a cfg file with a notebook icon, this is the second time this has happened since I changed the PID's. Don't know why or how to change it back. My first log came out as a HPL file which I can open but only if i goto the folder and open it through scanner. If I go into scanner and try and open it there it only will show me CFG files. Thanks in advance
    86 Fiero Convertible 3800sc/4T65E HD(2002)

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    i have no clue what you just said

a scanned log saves as an hpl file always has probably always will

a config file is just that, the configuration you set up.

is that what your talking about? Otherwise can you explain what your saying a bit better.
    It doesn't have to be perfect, it just needs to be done in two weeks...

A wise man once said "google it"

Advanced Tuner
    That makes 2 of us then. All my logs in the past have been a HPL or CFG file with the yellow lightning bolt ans an icon. Then I changed the PID's around to monitor different perameters and started logging. I let it go for about 5 mins untill I floored it then it started to die and when it died, I saved the log as idle1 and hit enter. Now the file is a CFG file but its small and when you try an open the link above, on my comp it opens in notepad. If I goto my calibration folder and open it there with scanner I get an error "unable to parse log" and the log won't open. The past 2 logs have done this. As for the second part if I open up scanner and goto file open config and goto the calibrations folder to select a file to open, the folder is blank. But if I goto hp tuners from my desktop and open that I have 4 files in there, VCM editor, VCM scanner, VCM suite help and calibrations. If I select the calibrations folder and open it up and then open the log that way, it opens automatically with scanner and works that way, but wont the first way. Hope that makes sense.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    well then yes you are confused, read my response, your answer is already in there.

Advanced Tuner
    I just opened my idle.hpl link above and it opens as idle1.cfg in the file display in scanner, but as log idle 1 hpl. The thing is its an older file from a week ago and not the one that I logged this morning.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    well then yes you are confused, read my response, your answer is already in there.

yes then why cant I save a log and open it and view it like I used to? The way it saves now is useless to me and all that view it as its corrupt

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    Quote Originally Posted by tweeder
    yes then why cant I save a log and open it and view it like I used to? The way it saves now is useless to me and all that view it as its corrupt
    looks like you saved it fine to me

also I really don't understand what your saying can you speak a little more clearer then "all that view it as its corrupt" alot of what your saying makes little sense.

Advanced Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by foff667
    looks like you saved it fine to me

also I really don't understand what your saying can you speak a little more clearer then "all that view it as its corrupt" alot of what your saying makes little sense.

I thought I saved it fine to but it won't open I get that unable to parse message. And if I cant open it and others cant open it, then nobody can help me tune. When you open your scanner, is there a file already there?

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    im able to open the one you posted just fine, when i open my scanner by itself nothing loads you need to load a file, nothing has changed.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    if YOU can't get the file to open maybe your download was corrupt...why not redownload .12 and reinstall it.

Advanced Tuner
    I just erased all cfg files and hpl files that I had and started fresh. This time when I saved I went to scan and saved data as and now i have a hpl file. The last 2 logs that I had problems with I went to file and save config as and gave it a name and that gives me a cfg file. Why are there 2 different ways of saving? And when should I use which one? When I open my scanner I also need to choose a file but down at the bottom it only allows me to open CFG files and not the HPL, thats why I have to open in that round about way of going directly to where the filder is.
    Last edited by tweeder; 09-29-2006 at 12:42 AM.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    like I stated in my FIRST post hpl logs are your scans & have absolutly NOTHING to do with your scanner configuration, NOTHING. Its been this way for at least 12 months since 2.0.x beta came out so nothing has changed in a very very long time.

HP Tuners Support
    (foff667)
    http://mysite.verizon.net/whenn1/Mic...%20Scanner.pdf read through this nice quick start file I put together, it has alot of information that very well might be helpful for you.

Advanced Tuner
    Thanks and will do