Thread: 2011 Yukon XL swap 5.3 to 6.2 help with tune

2011 Yukon XL swap 5.3 to 6.2 help with tune

Hi new to the group, I just finished swapping in a 6.2 in my 2011 Yukon xl. The 6.2 came with the pcm so I copied all of the engine info over to the 5.3 pcm. Truck idles and drives ok but if you start to give it some throttle it goes into reduced power mode. This happens way before WOT. I have read a few posts of people with the same problem but no real solutions other that someone modified the tune. I am using a friends tuner so I can't see any example tunes from people on the repository who have had success. Can someone send a successful tune or let me know where I went wrong?
    Attached Files Attached Files

Try to use like years to avoid weird issues. If the engine is the 6.2 with no AFM/DoD and only VVT from the Sierra, use a 2011 file and not the 2013 file.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

I managed to get a 2011 GMC Yukon XL Denali stock tune off the repository. Runs a lot better now but still get reduced power mode nearing Wide Open Throttle. Any ideas?

one setting I did not change was the tach output. The 5.3 was set to serial and the 6.2 to crank. I assumed this had to remain serial but maybe I am mistaken? Should I change it to crank?

Advanced Tuner
    Can't help you narrow down the REP unless you know what code is being thrown to cause it.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Code thrown is P0300 random misfire detected (permanent) and P0606 ECM/PCM Processor (Pending)

Something you are changing between the two files is causing the P0606 code. Could be related to the electronic throttle settings.
    2016 Silverado CCSB 5.3/6L80e, not as slow but still heavy.

If you don't post your tune and logs when you have questions you aren't helping yourself.

ETC.jpg

this is your 2011 5.3 tune compared to my 2011 6.2 tune. make sure all these are the 6.2 if you are using the 6.2 tac module

My problem was I was using the 5.3 gas pedal/TAC. Swapped to the 6.2 and all is good. Now on to improving the shifting....

Well I thought everything was good. Went into REP mode today with only code P0606. I was accelerating on to the freeway, as it downshifted and throttle increased that's when it happened. Couldn't make it happen again.
    Last edited by [email protected]; 12-02-2019 at 12:16 AM.

So I must have something wrong in the throttle section from what I can gather. Here is my latest tune. I am using the 5.3 ecu, flashed with 6.2 engine settings. Using the 5.3 throttle body, 6.2 gas pedal (TAC). I originally tried the 6.2 Throttle body with the same results.

Here is a log when I went into REP