Thread: Toyota Repository

Potential Tuner

2009 Tundra Stock 5.7 non-flex

2009 Tundra Stock 5.7 non-flex
    Attached Files Attached Files

Hope to get a good result.

Tuner in Training

DC 97% - Ok or Bad?

Wanted to share with you the latest datalog I have got for my supercharged tundra. Actually the query pertains to the injectors duty cycle reaching 97% at AFR 11 (WOT). I will try to trim some fuel to reduce the DC but is it time to upgrade the 650cc injectors? Any thoughts are welcome.

Tuner in Training

2gr-fe

My engine is not supported, so I am taking matters into my own hands. I see some great knowledge on this forum, so I am here seeking some beneficial insight. Can anyone comment on these original ignition maps (see the attached image)? They are from a 2007 Camry ECU, 3.5-liter V6, dual vvti. They are found consecutively in the binary. Is there any similarity to maps in your HPTuners definitions for your engines? Can you identify the function/purpose of the individual maps? I am working on releasing some open-source (free) definitions and would like to make them as useful as possible. In case you are wondering the tools I use for analysis are WinOLS and TunerPro. For re-flash I use Tactrix Openport 2.0 with PCMflash.

IgnitionMaps.jpg

IgnitionMaps-2.jpg

Note: Could not fit them all in one screenshot so I split it in two.

PS. For reference, these are the dual VVT maps, target angle, exhaust and intake.

MapsVVT.jpg
    Last edited by Merryfrankster; 06-06-2020 at 01:14 PM.

Tuner in Training
    Can you attach the source file you're working with?
    I will try to sign you some cards.
    You can write me a Private Message.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashiko View Post
    Thank you for offering to help. This is the binary file.

Camry_89661-06C21.bin

Sending you a pm.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by ayashiko View Post
    I am interested, in particular, if it is the same strategy with the same maps outlined in Post #10 of this thread.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post598929

Qualitatively the ignition maps I have shown from my ECU seem to correspond to the ignition maps listed in that post. Can I get confirmation maybe based on what you see in your tuning suite?

By the way, I have also decoded the PID's for the knock learn and knock feedback - just used simple can sniffer and Techstream to do that.

PID 21 B2.
    Knock Learn = (A * 256 + B) /32 - 64,
    Knock Feedback = (D - 256)/32

So anyone with Torque Pro should be able to monitor and log these.
    Last edited by Merryfrankster; 06-08-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Merryfrankster View Post
    I am interested, in particular, if it is the same strategy with the same maps outlined in Post #10 of this thread.

https://forum.hptuners.com/showthrea...l=1#post598929

Qualitatively the ignition maps I have shown from my ECU seem to correspond to the ignition maps listed in that post. Can I get confirmation maybe based on what you see in your tuning suite?

By the way, I have also decoded the PID's for the knock learn and knock feedback - just used simple can sniffer and Techstream to do that.

PID 21 B2.
    Knock Learn = (A * 256 + B) /32 - 64,
    Knock Feedback = (D - 256)/32

So anyone with Torque Pro should be able to monitor and log these.
    Disregard the timing strategy in that post, after doing more detailed logs, it's not correct - I haven't had a chance to follow up on it yet.

Quote Originally Posted by korbiams View Post
    Wanted to share with you the latest datalog I have got for my supercharged tundra. Actually the query pertains to the injectors duty cycle reaching 97% at AFR 11 (WOT). I will try to trim some fuel to reduce the DC but is it time to upgrade the 650cc injectors? Any thoughts are welcome.
    While leaning out will give you a little more injector headroom, at a glance, more fuel pressure or a larger injector would be a wise choice. Note how logged AFR goes leaner proportional to engine RPM here: Fueling.PNG

Assuming a good airflow model, injector data, boost-referenced FPR, etc., that trend is indicative of losing fueling authority (injected fuel mass isn't increasing linearly with increased pulse width) - even with a conservative target, it's not desirable to be operating in a range where actual AFR cannot match commanded AFR.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowNStock View Post
    Disregard the timing strategy in that post, after doing more detailed logs, it's not correct - I haven't had a chance to follow up on it yet.

FWIW someone else who claims to know the Toyota ignition strategy gave me this vague explanation:

It takes the most retarded timing value (except the two tables you have which are modifiers for cold ECT)
    Then it takes into account all compensation values, multiplies by KCLV, reduces by KR value,
    and there is your base ignition.
    Then if it is D4-S based, it will select table based on if port injection is active or not.

The entire ignition strategy is well defined in the tech manuals and explains exactly how ignition is derived.

Tuner in Training
    i have upgraded the injectors to 650cc and reduced the injector constant value to 0.063.
    Fuel pump pressure is set at 60psi.

The truck idle at 20% lean. I have tried scaling the MAF without luck. This is frustrating

Could someone have a look at the attached tune file and let me know where I have gone wrong? Thanks in advance
    Hey man, can you provide the stock TRD file for your 2012? I have a 2011 and HP tuners cannot read the TRD file that is in this truck. I need a stock TRD supercharger file, anyone have one?

Tuner in Training
    does anyone have injector data for the 2011 TRD injectors? Hp tuners cannot confirm if the file I have is for the TRD or ijenot, and I cannot find any injector data online

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by SlowNStock View Post
    Because it's not totally clear what the Injector Constant is relative to, I went and did some logging to back out the logic; here's my current best model:

Injector Pulse Width = 10 * Cylinder Airmass * Stoich AFR * Injector Constant

Note that this calculated Pulse Width does not account for any corrections (Injector Offset, Load Mult, fuel trims, PE, etc.).

To estimate a totally unknown injector constant, you can use a formula for fuel mass:

Cylinder Airmass / Stoich AFR = Injector Pulse Width * Injector Flow Rate

Rearranging terms:

Injector Pulse Width = Cylinder Airmass / (Injector Flow Rate * Stoich AFR)

Substituting into our earlier equation:

Cylinder Airmass / (Injector Flow Rate * Stoich AFR) = 10 * Cylinder Airmass * Stoich AFR * Injector Constant

A little more algebra with the above terms, we finally arrive at:

Injector Constant = 1 / (10 * Injector Flow Rate * (Stoich AFR)^2)

Using our earlier figures for injector sizes, the injector constants calculated are ~17% too low relative to the stock values, so multiplying the calculated Injector Constant by 1.20 would arrive at a reasonable baseline (fathoming a guess, the error may be due to other corrections baked into the Injector Constant).

Whenever possible, I would scale injector constants rather than try to calculate new ones.

If anyone has better info or corrections, please share.
    Thank you so much for this @SlowNStock!
    Just got my HP tuner today and got my Tundra idling with 750cc injectors.
    Now to go log an easy cruise with it and see where the AFR is at.
    Your posts have really helped to get things rolling!
    Last edited by ViktorG; 07-03-2020 at 05:08 PM.

Tuner in Training
    [QUOTE=ViktorG;617300[/QUOTE]

@ViktorG i see you found it! There is def some good info on here for your truck!

Tuner in Training

2017 Tundra Magnusson SC

Here is the stock file that I managed to pull from a client's vehicle that came in for tuning.
    I have been leery about making changes to this calibration as when I write the flash it only gives me the Write Entire option on the VCM Editor 4.6.4 and
    I do not want to brick the ecu.

Do you guys only have that option when you go to write a file on a Tundra?

Tuner in Training
    @SlowNStock and rest,

Been trying to tune a 2016 FFV supercharged Tundra. We managed to get it almost tuned, but the truck shifts like crap specifically 2-3 shift. I am trying to force shifting at 5800 RPM, now it shifts at 6100 RPM. Also is there a way to remove rev limit or allow fuel cutout?

Attached is a log with various loads. Could you please let me know what to try in order to change shifting points?

Thanks.
    Hey korbians,
    Is that file "oem" tundra your 2016SC FFV?

I have a 2016 FFV that ive supercharged and they are telling me (HPT) that they can only start me with a base n/a file. I need to find a SC 16' file or at least know where to modify the stock file to get it running the SC safely.

Are we able to easily import tables from a differnt year truck? Can i take a 2012 SC table(ie: maf and injector tables) and port it over to my 2016 file easily with HPT?
    Last edited by 4firemandan; 10-19-2020 at 06:13 PM.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by 4firemandan View Post
    Hey korbians,
    Is that file "oem" tundra your 2016SC FFV?

I have a 2016 FFV that ive suoercharged and they are telling me (HPT) that they can only start me with a base n/a file. I need to find a SC 16' file or at least know where to modify the stock file to get it running the SC safely.

Are we able to easily import tables from a differnt year truck? Can i take a 2012 SC table(ie: maf and injector tables) and port it over to my 2016 file easily with HPT?
    Yes, you can easily copy tables over to your NA tune and overwrite them. There will be more to it than MAF and injector tables though if you want it to run like it is supposed to. Shift points, rev limiter, speed limiter, torque management etc. tables will be all different.
    But in the end, it shouldn't take very long to create a working tune for your SC by copying everything over.

Senior Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by nitrobrain06 View Post
    Attachment 95782

as i wait for a reply from the powers that be on this forum i am posting this factory calibration here for anyone who needs it.

Here is the Base Calibration for my 2015 Toyota Tundra Supercharged 5.7L
    How did you get supercharger calibration out if we cant read the files actually in the PCM?
    Factory Stock 97 SS M6 13.51 @ 104.3 mph
    Stock Longblock LS1 w/ 233/238 P.S.I. Cam
    10.81 @ 126.9 Full interior, six speed on 275 radials, a decade ago

'99 TA trunk mounted 76mm 6 Liter
    9.0s in '09 @ 153 MPH

Turbo 5.3 Volvo 740 Wagon
    32psi and still winding out 5th on the highway somewhere

I was wondering the same as grannysshifting?

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post
    How did you get supercharger calibration out if we cant read the files actually in the PCM?
    HP could not read the file in my ECU (it had an aftermarket tune by another company/software), but they automatically provided me a stock 2010 S/C calibration file.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by rockchip View Post
    I was wondering the same as grannysshifting?

Quote Originally Posted by GrannySShifting View Post

from what i remember I had the file from when the calibration was written to my truck from factory the dealer, then just saved it as an .hpt file, ive been out of it for a while now due to a human S/C now crawling around the house. so if anyone else can shed light on this.