Thread: negative response code

Tuner in Training

negative response code

i have changed a 2008 roush supercharged mustang from automatic to manual mechanically it is sound but have an issue with the tune. i have changed the pcm and purchased a new engine harness. as the orginal tune was for the auto i soursed a manual tune which i have tried to write to the pcm but evertime i try i get the following message "write transfer request x7 negative response code. can anyone give any advice or herlp please on what this message actually means and what i can do. many thanks in advance
    mike

Tuner
    Someone on this board should know. In the meantime create a support ticket to HP Tuners and see what they say.

Advanced Tuner
    This is typically a battery/low voltage issue.
    JTC Performance - Authorized HP Tuners Reseller
    Remote performance tuning

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by charcoal03silvy View Post
    This is typically a battery/low voltage issue.
    many thanks for your reply i will check the battery and sure hope this is the issue

Quote Originally Posted by SHMUSTANG View Post
    i have changed a 2008 roush supercharged mustang from automatic to manual mechanically it is sound but have an issue with the tune. i have changed the pcm and purchased a new engine harness. as the orginal tune was for the auto i soursed a manual tune which i have tried to write to the pcm but evertime i try i get the following message "write transfer request x7 negative response code. can anyone give any advice or herlp please on what this message actually means and what i can do. many thanks in advance
    mike
    Automatic PCM can be switched to Manual with no problem - you don't need a second ECU. The other way around is a different story.

Tuner in Training
    Quote Originally Posted by veeefour View Post
    Automatic PCM can be switched to Manual with no problem - you don't need a second ECU. The other way around is a different story.
    many thanks the only reason i changed the pcm as i was told by a tech at ford i would need to change the pcm and the harness, i look through the file and noticed that i could switch the auto off. unfortunately i still have the issue after making sure the battery was fully charged

Tuner
    Have you identify the pcm to vin #?

Tuner in Training
    yes i have identified the pcm to the vin as i could change things in the tune file. when i installed the new engine harness that is when the problems started