Thread: 2003 cobra

2003 cobra

So im trying to dyno tune my first cobra. but once I get to 3rd and 4th gear. I get spark cut. the car starts to pull timing right around 1400 rpms before I can even go wot. im using an sct to datalog and timing goes to -10 every time it has that hesitation. I have already disabled all the spark torque to see if that will allow me to do a pull and it still does it. I want to blame traction control but even that is disabled in the tune throttle also closes whenever that happens. car is an 08 cobra with a kenne bell and e85. customer drove it on my base tune from his house to the shop and stated the car drove fine in every gear but never went wot as it was just a base tune.
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 mustang gt

check downstream temp maybe IC pump fail or post data log

i was using sct to datalog since the vcm scanner would freeze up on me. idk if it would be down stream temps causing the issue since it gives me the timing and then takes it out and gives it back. it feels like traction control trying to kick in. but i have attached the log
    Attached Files Attached Files
    2017 mustang gt

set tipin retard airmass to 0 and add IAT2 in data log next time

Advanced Tuner
    nothing you say makes sense

you have 03 cobra as the title... ok

you go on to say the throttle closes when it happens... that would make sense if they were etc but they are mechanical

you the say 08 cobra?? no such thing as 08 cobra but would explain the etc???

what do u have ?
    decipha @ EFIDynoTuning
    http://www.efidynotuning.com/

The tps would drop quite a few distance points and the 08 was a typo. Which is what is throwing me off I'm aware the throttle body is mechanical so I dont understand why the TPS is changing that much. I had tried setting the tip in air mass to 0 and that didnt fix it either. It just happens very randomly. Fuel pumps went bad so they will be replaced before I get the car back on monday.
    2017 mustang gt

Tuner
    Check injectors dc maybe you running out of fuel especially with e85

There was no pid for injector pulsewidth or duty cycle. Customer decided to pull the plug and ordered the ms3pro for it.
    2017 mustang gt