Thread: JTEC+ Truck V10 Tuning

Potential Tuner

JTEC+ Truck V10 Tuning

Hello I was looking to purchase an MPVI2 for my 03 Ram 2500 with the 8.0 iron block truck engine. I saw that function for these older Dodges just became available and was looking to see if anyone has used it yet for these Magnum series engines or, possibly, this specific V10 engine? Thank you everyone for input

Tuner in Training
    I'm pretty inexperienced as a tuner, but I have purchased an hp tuner for my 1998 ram. It has the 5.9 gas. It appears that basic timing and fuel adjustments can be made as well as removing top speed and cruise limiters. I have not successfully done any datalogging but I'm not sure if that is due to ignorance on my part or because it is only the beta program that supports these older jtec vehicles.

Potential Tuner
    Quote Originally Posted by magnumplumbing View Post
    I'm pretty inexperienced as a tuner, but I have purchased an hp tuner for my 1998 ram. It has the 5.9 gas. It appears that basic timing and fuel adjustments can be made as well as removing top speed and cruise limiters. I have not successfully done any datalogging but I'm not sure if that is due to ignorance on my part or because it is only the beta program that supports these older jtec vehicles.
    Oh alright, my biggest thing was really all what you said and I want to get into the torque management also. I feel like this thing could move a lot better than what the factory put out. Thank you

any one have a base file to look at

Tuner in Training
    I'm not sure what you'll find in the way of torque management. There doesn't appear to be any form of torque management on my 1998. Does your v10 still use the 4 speed auto? I had a 1994 v10 truck years ago and it was the most reliable solid truck I've ever had. -Did great burnouts too! On my 98 with the 5.9 magnum, the factory timing curve is very conservative and I noticed a measurable improvement in my 0-60 times when I increased it by about 4 degrees.

Potential Tuner
    Yeah and the weird part is that my truck is an 03, different body than the 94-02s, and I have the 48RE found on Common Rail trucks with a TV cable, where as the older trucks used RH’s in the OBD1 trucks and 47RE in the 96-02s.

Tuner in Training
    At the risk of sounding dumb, the "base file" would be the stock tune that I read? In that case, I have base file for my 1998 ram 1500 as well as a 1998 5.9 Jeep (that says premium only on the gas cap) that I read for comparison purposes. I'm not sure if I know how to share the files, but I could try.